1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
42 Posts
I attended one of those Drive Green events a couple weeks ago. Just for fun I drove a 1026R with loader and moved some dirt. Also drove the other brand they had for comparison. The 1026R seemed to be a well built and very capable tractor. Much nicer to use than the comparison tractor, although I expect that model was carefully chosen. Best drive of the day was a cabbed 3520. The outside temperature was 106 degrees, but it was very cool inside the cab. Didn't want to get back out. I told the JD rep that was the best kind of weather to sell a cab tractor. Received some nice JD Drive Green gloves and tee shirt before leaving.

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
I attended one of those Drive Green events a couple weeks ago. Just for fun I drove a 1026R with loader and moved some dirt. Also drove the other brand they had for comparison. The 1026R seemed to be a well built and very capable tractor. Much nicer to use than the comparison tractor, although I expect that model was carefully chosen. Best drive of the day was a cabbed 3520. The outside temperature was 106 degrees, but it was very cool inside the cab. Didn't want to get back out. I told the JD rep that was the best kind of weather to sell a cab tractor. Received some nice JD Drive Green gloves and tee shirt before leaving.
Inquiring minds want to know...What was the "comparison tractor"?

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ok, I've owned both, so I'll say it for you... Kubota. :tongue: Was it a BX that they had for comparison against the the 1026?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw the comparison video against the BX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts