1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Did ya enter?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Is it real? I don't normally enter my info for sites that aren't the official site.

·
Administrator
20,480 Posts
Is it real? I don't normally enter my info for sites that aren't the official site.
Yes. I checked it out.

But I would expect promotional emails and such.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Just signed up!:good2:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Sorry guys, just signed up....waiting for check:laugh:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I don't EVER fall for this sort of... "stuff". BUT, it is green and yellow stuff afterall so I'll tough out the email pitches and jump right in. (I notice there's no place to indicate that I have less than 1 acre, so I'm going to stretch my property lines a bit to include my neighbor!:laugh:

EDIT: So I went to the official JD site and I read the "Rules" and the disclaimers about using your info according to "JD's privacy policy" (Can you say Target and Neiman Marcus privacy) and I find I've already dismally missed the first 2 drawings. I didn't hear any yelling so I guess nobody in this neighborhood won anything...

Now, if I'm JD... Using my massive database computer I'm tossing all the applicants who have spent over 1 grand in the last 3 years. "They don't need no stinkin' free stuff, let's make a Murry owner happy!" JD has absolutely nothing to gain by giving me ANYTHING BACK!:laugh: They already know your age via our sales documents so all us "older folk" who aren't particularly "photogenic" for use in sales hype ads are O-U-T automatically too.

So by my logic I've lost 50% of my chance of winning by not entering the first and second drawings, I've never won anything via raffle/drawing in 3 score and 13 years and it's just another 20 seconds of typing time anyway.

However, if I DO win, I'm totally willing to answer network news questions such as to "How does it feel?" and "What were your first deeply personal thoughts when you opened that Email?" or "What did your wife say when you regained conciousness?"

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
So, in less than 12 hours I got my first Email from JD re. this "giveaway". AND, I got 50 whole dollars to use at my dealer...*

* "Offer ends February 28, 2014. Offer valid when customer listed on certificate gets qualifying quote on a new John Deere 1 through 6R Series Tractor (up to 140 HP for 6D and 125 HP for 6M and 6R models), pull-type hay tools such as new John Deere Round Balers, Square Balers, Mower Conditioners (excluding TMMC models 131 and 388), Pull-Type Forage Harvesters and Heads and Disk Mowers. Quote must be made using JDQuote. Limit one per person. Not redeemable for cash. Good only on in-stock, John Deere branded merchandise at your participating John Deere dealer while supplies last. John Deere Dealer Dollars must be used during a single visit. If total purchase is less than $50, no remaining value is available for use."

Whatta cruel and awful joke! Like I got any of that kind of money left for "quotes" on qualifying big stuff after what I bought last Spring! They must think I'm one of those "upwardly mobile" folks raking in the bucks administering Obamacare! Sadly for JD, I hit the top of my financial mobility a long time ago! so near yet so far away. :greentractorride::laugh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
So, in less than 12 hours I got my first Email from JD re. this "giveaway". AND, I got 50 whole dollars to use at my dealer...*

* "Offer ends February 28, 2014. Offer valid when customer listed on certificate gets qualifying quote on a new John Deere 1 through 6R Series Tractor (up to 140 HP for 6D and 125 HP for 6M and 6R models), pull-type hay tools such as new John Deere Round Balers, Square Balers, Mower Conditioners (excluding TMMC models 131 and 388), Pull-Type Forage Harvesters and Heads and Disk Mowers. Quote must be made using JDQuote. Limit one per person. Not redeemable for cash. Good only on in-stock, John Deere branded merchandise at your participating John Deere dealer while supplies last. John Deere Dealer Dollars must be used during a single visit. If total purchase is less than $50, no remaining value is available for use."
I got that too!!! I guess we're both special!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I got that too!!! I guess we're both special!!

I got one too!!!! There went the "special" down the drain. If I got one, it can't be too special.:tongue:

Dave

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Same here on the $50 email. The buggers!

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
got one as well ($50.00).....still no check for the jackpot!!!!

·
Administrator
20,480 Posts
You guys are all hung up on the $50. That's good, 'cause the real prize money will help me fix up my poor 'ol sickly worn out tractor. I'm thinking it'll go a long ways to help replace my underpowered, undersized 2720 with a 3720....maybe even a cabbed 3720. :lol:

Yeah, right. Only in my dreams. :mocking: My 2720 is doing just fine. Plenty of tractor for what I need. Want is a whole 'nother story though.:lol:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
You guys are all hung up on the $50. That's good, 'cause the real prize money will help me fix up my poor 'ol sickly worn out tractor. I'm thinking it'll go a long ways to help replace my underpowered, undersized 2720 with a 3720....maybe even a cabbed 3730. :lol:

Yeah, right. Only in my dreams. :mocking: My 2720 is doing just fine. Plenty of tractor for what I need. Want is a whole 'nother story though.:lol:
Anyone NOT want a cab in this freezing weather????:mocking:

Dave

1 - 20 of 58 Posts