Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to owning a 2305... I parked the FEL last week and installed the 62c deck. I finished mowing over the weekend and attempted to reconnect the FEL last night. Here's what I did...

I raised the mower deck to it's highest position and then disconnected the hydraulic line for the deck lift arms. I was able to easily connect 3 of the 4 lines for the FEL, however the green one... (the one that uses the same port as the mower lift arms) will not connect. Now I also can't get the line reconnected for the deck lift arms. I'm thinking that I screwed up by disconnecting the line with the mower in the raised position and this is keeping pressure/load on that hydraulic line. I am thinking that I should use a jack to support the deck so that I can disconnect the lift arms and remove the load to relieve pressure on the line, but I thought I'd ask before I went any further screwing things up... :confused:

Thanks!

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hello All,

I am new to owning a 2305... I parked the FEL last week and installed the 62c deck. I finished mowing over the weekend and attempted to reconnect the FEL last night. Here's what I did...

I raised the mower deck to it's highest position and then disconnected the hydraulic line for the deck lift arms. I was able to easily connect 3 of the 4 lines for the FEL, however the green one... (the one that uses the same port as the mower lift arms) will not connect. Now I also can't get the line reconnected for the deck lift arms. I'm thinking that I screwed up by disconnecting the line with the mower in the raised position and this is keeping pressure/load on that hydraulic line. I am thinking that I should use a jack to support the deck so that I can disconnect the lift arms and remove the load to relieve pressure on the line, but I thought I'd ask before I went any further screwing things up... :confused:

Thanks!
Is the deck locked out? Should be able to lock deck and relieve the pressure of the hydraulics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks!
Should be able to lock deck and relieve pressure without if falling down. And then hook up coupler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try rotating the dial to the lock mark. I'm pretty sure that I tried this and the install position yesterday, but it was late and I was frustrated... Thanks. I'll try it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks!
Yep, you have locked the pressure on the lines. On the FEL, see of you can push in on the female connector. You should be able to, if not it is locked. Carefully remove the fitting from the hose. DO NOT take the fitting off, just release the pressure. Watch for fluid and your loaded moving. Then you should be good to go.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You shouldn't have to disassemble anything. On female connectors, use a small screwdriver (and a rag to protect your hand) to depress the one way valve in the center or a pair of water pump pliers to depress the ball in the center of the male fittings.

Al

·
Premium Member
14,923 Posts
Just a bit of info..

Went wanting to remove hyd lines.. Turn off the engine ,,move hyd lever forward, backward, side to side a few times.. This relieves pressure you can remove the hyd coupler now from the tractor port. (sorry not correct name)

To reconnect sometimes you need to release pressure to the coupler because of outside temps have raised .
To relieve pressure, for me I take a rag cover the end of hyd fitting press it against the frame or solid item on tractor. Hyd fluid will spray out so be careful to cover the fitting with the rag before doing this..

Reconnect your lines.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all of the good suggestions and good info. After bleeding some pressure of the line as suggested, I was able to connect it easily. Also, the deck remained in the raised position after disconnecting the line after setting the dial to 'lock'. Thanks again for all of the tips!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just a bit of info..

To reconnect sometimes you need to release pressure to the coupler because of outside temps have raised .
To relieve pressure, for me I take a rag cover the end of hyd fitting press it against the frame or solid item on tractor. Hyd fluid will spray out so be careful to cover the fitting with the rag before doing this..

Reconnect your lines.
Been there, done that. Worked for me too....:bigthumb:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I owned my tractor for a little over a month with the hydraulic deck lift where you have to swap the hose between the deck lift and the loader. I honestly don't know why John Deere even has it as an option... maybe for people without loaders?

After a month of aggrevation I ordered the parts for the independent kit ($350 or so since you already have the hydraulic kit). It took a few hours to install the kit, but it completely eliminated the hose swap hassle I was experiencing. Now I raise the deck with the push of a button.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I owned my tractor for a little over a month with the hydraulic deck lift where you have to swap the hose between the deck lift and the loader. I honestly don't know why John Deere even has it as an option... maybe for people without loaders?

After a month of aggrevation I ordered the parts for the independent kit ($350 or so since you already have the hydraulic kit). It took a few hours to install the kit, but it completely eliminated the hose swap hassle I was experiencing. Now I raise the deck with the push of a button.
That sounds like money well spent as I plan to use this for mowing and loader work on a regular basis. Do you happen to know the part number or numbers for the independent kit? Also, would you happen to have a picture of what it looks like installed? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
That sounds like money well spent as I plan to use this for mowing and loader work on a regular basis. Do you happen to know the part number or numbers for the independent kit? Also, would you happen to have a picture of what it looks like installed? Thanks a lot!
Here is a link to a thread I authored on installing Independent Lift. I included electronic copies of the install manuals as attachments to it. They'll have the part numbers of the components required. You can also view the sales web site for the 1025R and access the "build your own link" the part number will be in the sub-links of "build your own".

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/101914-installing-independent-deck-lift-1025r.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts