Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a gorgeous piece of art this tractor is. Can you really say that about a piece of equipment and keep your “man card”? HECK YEA! This thing is amazing to say the least. This is my first Deere and tractor for that matter. But I figured at 53 years old I finally deserved this and I’m so happy I did.

Took her to my slopes (18-20 deg in areas) of my yard and she was like driving Bigfoot. So much power it took to my hills like it was nothing and handling like sports car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I feel the same way about mine.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks nice, now you need to start buying toys to hang on the front and back of it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks like many good years ahead of you! Did you get the 4 wheel steering?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great looking tractor! I think the black hood guard/brush guard makes it easier to keep your "man card." Congrats on your purchase :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,257 Posts
Congrats, have fun and be safe.:good2:

And thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
14,106 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
Congratulations jobes. Good luck with it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
:congrats:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Nothing like that new smell,Congrats.:good2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
jobes,

CONGRATS on your new BEAST!

·
Registered
570 Posts
What a gorgeous piece of art this tractor is. Can you really say that about a piece of equipment and keep your “man card”? HECK YEA! This thing is amazing to say the least. This is my first Deere and tractor for that matter. But I figured at 53 years old I finally deserved this and I’m so happy I did.

Took her to my slopes (18-20 deg in areas) of my yard and she was like driving Bigfoot. So much power it took to my hills like it was nothing and handling like sports car.
Congrats on your new machine. The x739 was the first one I looked at on the lot. After about two weeks researching above this model, I found myself wiping my chin.
I took ownership of mine (my first) on 5/31. They are very nice. Today I stopped in at Tractor Supply and found a nice 1-1/4" sleeve for the front for moving my trailers.
I'm very impressed with my choice.

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
congrats on your JD ! i waited 3 years to finally get my x758 your gonna love that machine,have fun .
Congratulations on your new machines....

How about that User Name you selected?

It's that you are either a fan of "dad's potatoes" ........OR...........well, anyways....:flag_of_truce::laugh:

It's funny because over the last several months, the number of new members here on GTT with X7XX machines seems to really be increasing, which is good to see.

Some people had written off the X75X and above models because of their cost when compared to the 1 series, both being diesel powered and the way the machines are configured with standard equipment. But I think if someone really wants the ultimate Garden Tractor, the x7XX machines are it and the x75x machines with the Yanmar is the pinnacle of the Garden Tractors on the market. Plus, Deere has refined that platform over a series of evolving machines to as near perfection as I think can be achieved.

Having myself mowed with these machines, the 1 series, zero turn mowers, and many others, if someone has a lawn or mowing which involves hills and side hills, there is no better machine for the stability and the cutting job these machines are capable of. You still need to be very careful about avoiding possible roll overs, but with the x7xx having a low center of gravity, these machines are quite stable.

These are very stylish machines and from a very well and thoroughly developed product line with a great history. :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts