Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
JD 2038R(x2 rear SCV, 3rd function), 220R Ldr, IMatch, RC2048, Pallet Forks, AV20H Grapple
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paperwork is done and my rig will be delivered Friday morning.
I opted to NOT get the belly mower and have seen videos where folks have issues with the mid-PTO getting damaged/gunked up.
Question: If I'm not going to use the belly mower does it make sense to just remove it to prevent damage/gunking (one less thing to clean).

Thanks in advance. I'm searching for beginner vids to show me how to do the initial walkaround, startup, basic operation..etc. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the manual (stopped at the DPF regen).

Thanks in advance.

SaveShare
Reply Quote

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations! If you are not getting the MMM then none of the MMM frame should be included. That will give you more actual ground clearance. As far as walk around, I recommend that you have your salesman give you that to you and that you film it so you have a reference. Tractor time with Tim, Hardy Brothers Outdoors, Elk Creek Acres, Good work tractors all have great videos on you tube.

·
Premium Member
JD 2038R(x2 rear SCV, 3rd function), 220R Ldr, IMatch, RC2048, Pallet Forks, AV20H Grapple
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've watched a lot of videos and will continue. My sales guy apparently isn't coming to the delivery. He said the delivery guy would show me.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi. Not sure - if you didn't get a mid mower - I don't think you'll have the mid PTO assy either?

There's a shaft and mating assy that drops down to hook to the Mower gearbox right here:

Sometimes with mower off, guys will damage that shaft and connection because it hangs down, and might get bashed on a rock or hooked by a branch. I doubt you'll have any of that apparatus.

enjoy your new ride

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've watched a lot of videos and will continue. My sales guy apparently isn't coming to the delivery. He said the delivery guy would show me.
It would be worth a drive to the dealership to get him to show you. Also would be worth a look at your machine for any issues that you (not likely but still worth a look) getting them back to fix a minor issue is a pain!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be worth a drive to the dealership to get him to show you. Also would be worth a look at your machine for any issues that you (not likely but still worth a look) getting them back to fix a minor issue is a pain!
I agree, however, they run bankers hours so I'd have to take a vacation day. They only do 1/2 on some Saturdays.

Reactions: Sls1371

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: trav and Sls1371

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah if you did not get a MMM then there really is nothing to get gunked up on the MID-PTO, it is just a spline shaft up high. High enough that if you gunk it up with mud you are in some serious mud.

·
Premium Member
Tator
15,963 Posts
Yeah if you did not get a MMM then there really is nothing to get gunked up on the MID-PTO, it is just a spline shaft up high. High enough that if you gunk it up with mud you are in some serious mud.
I agree, I also did not get the MMM and have never had any issues with the mid pto getting gunked up with anything.

Reactions: jdmich and Sls1371

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Congratulation, Tractor dreams tonight.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,296 Posts
Congratulations (y)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
congrats......... hey if you dont gunk it up your really not using it ......nothing a good wash wont clean up anyway

·
Administrator
20,482 Posts
The Mid-PTO's no longer come with a cover?

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Mid-PTO's no longer come with a cover?
Mine did not, however mine came from the dealer with the front snow blower attached so they may have "lost" it in the process.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was a great day and I got a lot of stuff done.
Issues: gvwr won't disengage, the left front tire won't hold air (slow leak but no apparent hole), and the bushings they sent with the rotary cutter don't fit the JD quick attach (they're about 1mm too long for the keys to go in).

Reactions: JR Diyer
1 - 20 of 27 Posts