Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all if anyone has a 2038r with a deluxe canopy will you please share some pictures please and if anyone has the standard canopy for the 2038r as well id like to see the difference. I may change my order.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Hi all if anyone has a 2038r with a deluxe canopy will you please share some pictures please and if anyone has the standard canopy for the 2038r as well id like to see the difference. I may change my order.

Thanks
Hey RMack i've got the deluxe on my 2032R. I would spring for the deluxe one. I will get some pics loaded soon.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks.. That is sharp! Just found out last night that my "standard canopy" was already installed. Not sure I can change it now. Kinda bummed, I like this one you have much better.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Thanks.. That is sharp! Just found out last night that my "standard canopy" was already installed. Not sure I can change it now. Kinda bummed, I like this one you have much better.
Sure you can! Remember, the customer is always right! But seriously, For what you are spending get what you want, NO MATTER WHAT! They will EASILY find a buyer for the standard one. Make them order it and put it on the tractor later. They ARE going to tell it will delay the tractor, it doesn't have to. If you want it get it.

Allen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jasper04, do you know if the part number for the deluxe canopy is

RE270484

Just want to verify that you have it installed on a 2038r. Do you know if it requires a kit.

Thanks for any information you may have.

Randy

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Jasper04, do you know if the part number for the deluxe canopy is

RE270484

Just want to verify that you have it installed on a 2038r. Do you know if it requires a kit.

Thanks for any information you may have.

Randy

Hey Randy. Yes RE270484 is the correct part #. $745.47 is what I paid for it. It uses the same mounting kit as the standard canopy, # LVB25332, $78.10. Yes I have it mounted to a Gen2 large frame. Mine is just a 2032R. The wiring for it is a little confusing. None of my local dealers had ever installed one, ever for decades.

There are 2 large size bullet plugs stuffed up into the bottom of the ROP's, 1 black(ground) wire, 1 green(park lamps). The canopy will have 2 black, 2 green, 1 male, 1 female for each color. the extra bullet plugs are there to "mimic" the factory TRACTOR harness if you needed to plug OTHER marker light harnesses into. just match up the male, and females by color, then stuff the unused ones back up into the bottom of the ROP's like the factory tractor ones were.

When I ordered this I thought it was like all the old JD lighted canopy that had markers and hazards/turns. when I first saw the wiring harness for the canopy, and all the wires, I continued to assume that. NOPE. ended up the extra wires were just pig tails to mimic tractor harness.

There are other bullet plugs stuffed up in the ROPS, gray, and purple. They are for the work lights. I may have the gray and black mixed up. been a while, plus I am going thru some things right now that are destroying my memory, and causing me to babble some. Treatments Can mess you up, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.

If you need better pics of the canopy I will try and get them for you. here are some pics of when I wired in the 7-prong trailer plug. I can't take the tire off right now. Bottom wire loom is factory tractor harness that runs up into bottom of ROPS. one above it is my harness for the 7-prong wired into factory harness.

Allen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Randy. Yes RE270484 is the correct part #. $745.47 is what I paid for it. It uses the same mounting kit as the standard canopy, # LVB25332, $78.10. Yes I have it mounted to a Gen2 large frame. Mine is just a 2032R. The wiring for it is a little confusing. None of my local dealers had ever installed one, ever for decades.

There are 2 large size bullet plugs stuffed up into the bottom of the ROP's, 1 black(ground) wire, 1 green(park lamps). The canopy will have 2 black, 2 green, 1 male, 1 female for each color. the extra bullet plugs are there to "mimic" the factory TRACTOR harness if you needed to plug OTHER marker light harnesses into. just match up the male, and females by color, then stuff the unused ones back up into the bottom of the ROP's like the factory tractor ones were.

When I ordered this I thought it was like all the old JD lighted canopy that had markers and hazards/turns. when I first saw the wiring harness for the canopy, and all the wires, I continued to assume that. NOPE. ended up the extra wires were just pig tails to mimic tractor harness.

There are other bullet plugs stuffed up in the ROPS, gray, and purple. They are for the work lights. I may have the gray and black mixed up. been a while, plus I am going thru some things right now that are destroying my memory, and causing me to babble some. Treatments Can mess you up, sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.

If you need better pics of the canopy I will try and get them for you. here are some pics of when I wired in the 7-prong trailer plug. I can't take the tire off right now. Bottom wire loom is factory tractor harness that runs up into bottom of ROPS. one above it is my harness for the 7-prong wired into factory harness.

Allen.

View attachment 799694 View attachment 799695
Allen,

Thank you for taking the time to give me all this information. Hope things get better for you.

Randy

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Some observations.

Nice Milwaukie blower......got that one

Your electric panel needs its Face put back on

Is that a B&D workmate hanging on the wall?

Impressive stack of suitcase weights.

I like the Lid....mine don't have the interior package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Allen,

Thank you for taking the time to give me all this information. Hope things get better for you.

Randy
Allen,

When I talk to my dealer about the Canopy they say it is for a 5 series tractor. How did you find out that it would fit the 2038r. I don't want to order it and it not fit. You seem so knowledgeable about the 2038r and this is my first tractor. So I'm looking for good advise, I try to do my homework before I do or purchase something.

Again Thanks for your help

Randy

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Mine is for some Huge JD.

I just made some simple brackets to bolt it on.

Bigger is better
No water down the back..No water on my feet like my old one.
And hardly any sun anywhere....

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Hey Randy. I learned about it, more like reminded of it, using the JD configurator when I was looking at the options, and specifications differences between the 32R and 38R. Good luck trying to get JD's "build your own" to work. Every once and a while I can get it to work.

I literally have these on my Gen2 2032R. These canopies will fit a lot of different tractors. Pretty sure they fit the 2 thru 6 series, or anything else that has the same tubing size and width of the ROPS.

Here are the part # of my deluxe (lighted & headliner)
Hey Randy. Yes RE270484 is the correct part #. $745.47 is what I paid for it.

And mounting bracket.
mounting kit, same one used on the deluxe as the standard canopy, # LVB25332, Paid $78.10.

Post # 4 is my post with these mounted on my 2018, Gen 2 2032R. Print the pics and take them to show the dealer that these will fit.

Hope this helps. Allen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.