Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my x758 back from having the 3-point hitch put on and when I loosened the depth stop to see if it was working, a small spring came bouncing out the back. Noticed a nut under the tractor. Pulled up the installation manual and determined it was a compression spring and nut off the end of the depth stop screw. I assumed the installer didn't tighten the nut enough. I put the spring and nut back on (it was a pain). Hooked up the rake and used it for a few minutes and decided I needed to lower the stop. Loosened the depth stop screw and it popped off again. Can't find the spring this time.

Does this spring serve any real purpose? Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Looking at JD parts breakdown the nut should've been a lock nut.It shouldn't have come off.If they installed it I would have them replace it and put loc tight on the lock nut to make sure it stays.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at JD parts breakdown the nut should've been a lock nut.It shouldn't have come off.If they installed it I would have them replace it and put loc tight on the lock nut to make sure it stays.
Thanks - If I can order the spring I'll just do it myself. With warm weather starting, it would take them a week or two to get to it.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
If you know how to use JD parts you can see the break down and look at how the parts go together,and see if anything else is missing.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
aucivil double tapping forums: I see:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts