Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets discuss what could be if we were engineers or designers. I hope someone important will read this and build it........

The large 2's are too large for me so here is the dream machine.

The perfect tractor for me would have to be a 2025R size frame. I would then put the 32 HP engine in it. It would have a factory heat/AC cab. Cab with rear quick attach glass for backhoe compatibility. Standard with 3rd function for loader and 2 remotes in the back. It should come standard with, loaded tires, Adjustable backrest on seat, telescoping steering wheel, all LED lighting, Horn, stereo with bluetooth, backup camera, rear lights when reversing, electronic fuel gauge, heated seat, in dash digital incline meter, and remote start.

Additional options could include a small beverage chiller, heated steering wheel, satellite radio, voice activated controls "computer turn on rear pto". Feature to throttle up when using loader controls for speed (can be enabled/disabled). Oil life monitor in dash.

I know it sounds like a 75,000.00 dollar tractor but its the dream machine.
Any one else have great ideas that is currently not available?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Are you asking for "possible real life" features or "pie in the sky" ideas for the ideal tractor?

Most things you mentioned can be added with the proper amount of cash. You just may have to find that "custom tractor shop" that will add all the bling you want as an aftermarket custom shop. So there's a business idea for anybody that wants to tinker with tractors on someone else's dime. ;-)

For starters, may be real time axle load sensors to tell me if I have proper ballast front or rear. This could probably become a "standard" if the safety police ever get wind of the close calls people have with improper ballast?

I'm sure to come up with more ideas later.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True anything can be done with enough money. I just really wish there was a small frame 2032R. Looking at the cost to buy an engine and do a swap is ridiculous. And Cabbed tractors with no AC just really tick me off. Use that extra HP to run one and you still have the available capacity of a 25HP tractor.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,495 Posts
Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
792 Posts
I'd go with the 2 series frame. Remove rad and engine and fuel tank. Put in about a 25 hp DC motor and batteries and charger spot. DC motor would just drive the HST through the present driveshaft.

Driveshaft would have front Ujoint replaced by a tire-like circular disc similar to what our 240D had.

Would have a power beyond hydraulic point at the back and in the front for a grapple.

Throw away ear muffs. Wouldn't need them for the tractor but keep the ones with the face shield for use of the shredder/chipper.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Built in front and rear cameras and a well placed monitor

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
True anything can be done with enough money. I just really wish there was a small frame 2032R. Looking at the cost to buy an engine and do a swap is ridiculous. And Cabbed tractors with no AC just really tick me off. Use that extra HP to run one and you still have the available capacity of a 25HP tractor.
put a turbo on your 2025r :D That would be less than 2K

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I'd go with the 2 series frame. Remove rad and engine and fuel tank. Put in about a 25 hp DC motor and batteries and charger spot. DC motor would just drive the HST through the present driveshaft.

Driveshaft would have front Ujoint replaced by a tire-like circular disc similar to what our 240D had.

Would have a power beyond hydraulic point at the back and in the front for a grapple.

Throw away ear muffs. Wouldn't need them for the tractor but keep the ones with the face shield for use of the shredder/chipper.
Screw the DC motors and go with 3 phase AC servo motors (with the drives powered by DC of course) you wouldn't need a tranny at all. 1 motor per wheel.

·
Registered
237 Posts
While not perfect, I really like my 4052R. Here are my changes:

-ditch the tier 4 emissions hardware but keep the common rail engine
-add 2 more gear ranges
-add 1,000 lbs to base tractor weight
-design a better hood for easier maintenance

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
While not perfect, I really like my 4052R.
Similar for me, I really like my 2038R. But, factory cab and 3 range tranny, or even a 12/12 reverser would be sweet. Otherwise, it's the perfect tractor for our needs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I’d go more horsepower. Not for traction, but to up the GPM for implements. I’d love to be able to get 30 GPM for a loader-mounted blower or rotary cutter.

Let’s keep 38 -45 HP on the ground, but get some serious hi-flow hydraulics going.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Now were talking my language.

Remove every single wire except;

The battery cables
the one to the starter
the one to the AC blower
and lights.

All gages mechanical

ZERO computer ,sensors,safety switches, digital display...none of it

6 pack of hydro ports

Grease station(block) like a big Excavator has......for those hard to reach places.

Huge easy fill fuel tank...down low a bonus.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Screw the DC motors and go with 3 phase AC servo motors (with the drives powered by DC of course) you wouldn't need a tranny at all. 1 motor per wheel.
Need the HST to supply hydraulics. Otherwise, you'd have small electric motors scattered all over to do the FEL and 3ph, etc.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Need the HST to supply hydraulics. Otherwise, you'd have small electric motors scattered all over to do the FEL and 3ph, etc.
just one more electric motor to run a hydraulic pump, and another for the PTO...might as well dream big :)

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
1. 1025R steering wheel spinner, standard equipment.

That's all for now.

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
323 Posts
I could one of two ways. Looked at a 2032r today, and agree that its about perfect size for me. Id like to see a 2038 with a factory cab, three speed hydro, 2k three point capacity, integrated rear view camera.

The second component of that is a solid suite of attachments. A thorough redesign of the front mount snowblowers for starters.

An updated 3r design would be my second place option, make the 3r's just like the large 2r's and you would have really nice tractors.

I do agree with the OP that a small frame 32hp would be excellent. I think deere would run into all kinds of problems sticking 32hp to quick hitch attachments thou, so I doubt we will ever see that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts