Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added too much weight on my argi fab tow behind to help penetrate my backyard. The cheap frame gave up the ghost, 5 min repair job got me going again. Time to start reading up on 3 point units!
Road surface Wood Bumper Fixture Asphalt

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,103 Posts
My Woods is built like a tank. Found it for cheap, pretty sure they make the aerators for Frontier as well. EverythingAttachments aerators are also very well reviewed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added too much weight on my argi fab tow behind to help penetrate my backyard. The cheap frame gave up the ghost, 5 min repair job got me going again. Time to start reading up on 3 point units! View attachment 807782
How much weight managed to do that? I have one of those units and usually use it with 3-4 concrete blocks in it. I always think it could use more weight.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 4 filled cinder blocks, 2 suitcase weights and another 75 pounds of plates on it. Ratchet strapped everything tight, moved about 2 feet before it folded up.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Woods is built like a tank. Found it for cheap, pretty sure they make the aerators for Frontier as well. EverythingAttachments aerators are also very well reviewed.
3 point or tow behind?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the chance to buy a ea 36” aerator from the guy I bought my rake from. He wanted $1500 for it and I knew it was a good deal. Just couldn’t justify it at the time. The argi fab worked well until this year. Before I got the 1025 I would actually get stuck with my cub cadet, Not anymore lol.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
I added too much weight on my argi fab tow behind to help penetrate my backyard. The cheap frame gave up the ghost, 5 min repair job got me going again. Time to start reading up on 3 point units! View attachment 807782
I tore mine up also -- i used steel channel iron to fix mine.

rob

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
10-4, I have plenty of 4 and 6 inch channel. I’ll fix it up this winter. Had to finish the backyard yesterday and get 80 pounds of seed down. I was kinda pissed when it happened but went right back to work after drilling a few 3/8 holes.

·
Premium Member
12,955 Posts
The Frontier 3ph core aerator I have does a very nice job and already has paid for itself. I definitely wouldn't want a core aerator any less than 60" wide on the 1025r nor any lighter. Weight in a core aerator is very helpful for plug pulling at the ideal depth of about 2.5" to 3". I add between 4 and 12 suitcase weights by hanging them right on the frame of the Frontier aerator.
I always cross core aerate at a 90 degree angle to the first process for optimal coverage. Few things will improve a lawn as significantly, without chemicals as will the pulling of plugs out of the lawn.

While the purchase of a good quality aerator is an investment, it can help pay for itself just like many of the other SCUT implements and attachments. Pulling plugs is contagious. Once a neighbor sees the aerator in use on a neighboring lawn, they often contact me and after the proper preparation, plugs are pulled promptly and profitably. I now have about a dozen lawns which I aerate each fall. You can cross aerate an acre of lawn in 45 to 60 minutes.

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
The Frontier 3ph core aerator I have does a very nice job and already has paid for itself. I definitely wouldn't want a core aerator any less than 60" wide on the 1025r nor any lighter. Weight in a core aerator is very helpful for plug pulling at the ideal depth of about 2.5" to 3". I add between 4 and 12 suitcase weights by hanging them right on the frame of the Frontier aerator.
I always cross core aerate at a 90 degree angle to the first process for optimal coverage. Few things will improve a lawn as significantly, without chemicals as will the pulling of plugs out of the lawn.

While the purchase of a good quality aerator is an investment, it can help pay for itself just like many of the other SCUT implements and attachments. Pulling plugs is contagious. Once a neighbor sees the aerator in use on a neighboring lawn, they often contact me and after the proper preparation, plugs are pulled promptly and profitably. I now have about a dozen lawns which I aerate each fall. You can cross aerate an acre of lawn in 45 to 60 minutes.
What make do you have?

rob

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 11 of 11 Posts