Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to drop my Bushhog yesterday and pick up a rear blade. The Bushhog can be a bit of a PITA although dropping it on planks so I can slide it to clear the lift arms helps. Yesterday, to my initial surprise the first arm came off easily. WTF? Then I realized the lift pin was slightly loose allowing it to pivot just a bit.

I prefer a clevis mount on implements but realized that manufacturers could make life much easier if they had pivoting pins that could be locked in place after attaching the tractor. Of course, then the sales of quick hitches might go down. . .

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I have telescoping lower arms only 3pt hitch. I found if I release the lock for telescoping it allows the arm to lengthen as it comes off the pin. Easier off than on for me.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I've been running that 6330 which has a quick hitch, and to be honest, its kind of a pain in butt. you must be lined up perfectly so that both of the lower hooks engage the pins, and the toplink has to be out far enough so that it hooks the pin. but aside form this, it still takes less time to hook up...

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Telescoping arms

I have telescoping lower arms only 3pt hitch. I found if I release the lock for telescoping it allows the arm to lengthen as it comes off the pin. Easier off than on for me.
LOL, I think the last tractor prior to the 790 that I ran without telescoping arms may have been a AC WD-45. The 790 required some rethinking as it doesn't have telescoping arms and it's a tight space compared to larger tractors. They are a definite plus.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've been running that 6330 which has a quick hitch, and to be honest, its kind of a pain in butt. you must be lined up perfectly so that both of the lower hooks engage the pins, and the toplink has to be out far enough so that it hooks the pin. but aside form this, it still takes less time to hook up...

Yep I agree on the quick hitch. Its a PITA and sometimes I think it would be easier to hook up without it. I've been close to removing it and selling it a bunch of times.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
on my small tractor-there would be no way even as large as i am to hook up the pto shaft-being bent over the quick hitch to do that. over the yrs i have learned to hook up to the stuff-then lower the quick-hitch to the ground. then that lets me more room to hook the pto shaft up.

even my little tractor i have to back into a implement square for the bottom pins and if only i had a hydraulically top link-oh-boy i'dl be cooking then.:good2: well arm rests on the seat-and a air ride seat too-now that i got a roof.:laugh: put a radio on the list too.:munch:

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Telescoping arms update

LOL, I think the last tractor prior to the 790 that I ran without telescoping arms may have been a AC WD-45. The 790 required some rethinking as it doesn't have telescoping arms and it's a tight space compared to larger tractors. They are a definite plus.

Treefarmer
Just a quick update- I talked with a Deere salesman two days ago who said Deere now had retrofit kit telescoping arms for some CUTs. He didn't know which models or :gizmo: yet but said they were out.

If they fit a 790 and the price isn't too bad, I'll be ordering. My guess is that either they won't be available or I would need a go fund me account but it's worth an inquiry.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Ship it to me and I'll put it in training on the 6415 :laugh:

Yep I agree on the quick hitch. Its a PITA and sometimes I think it would be easier to hook up without it. I've been close to removing it and selling it a bunch of times.
Ditto above response :laugh:

on my small tractor-there would be no way even as large as i am to hook up the pto shaft-being bent over the quick hitch to do that. over the yrs i have learned to hook up to the stuff-then lower the quick-hitch to the ground. then that lets me more room to hook the pto shaft up.

even my little tractor i have to back into a implement square for the bottom pins and if only i had a hydraulically top link-oh-boy i'dl be cooking then.:good2: well arm rests on the seat-and a air ride seat too-now that i got a roof.:laugh: put a radio on the list too.:munch:
You'll never be able to fund a Gator with all your other tractor wants :laugh:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
You'll never be able to fund a Gator with all your other tractor wants :laugh:
Zebra Five -u been talking to my wife -huh:lol:

i get the fifth sermon pretty much all the time-tells me i have way too.................much time on my hands. but oh my how nice it is to dream of them goodies:laugh:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts