Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to put this. I'm hoping there is someone out there that has tried the Dewalt 60V weed eater to tell me what they think about it. Time for an upgrade and on the pasture fences I get some serious weeds but don't care for the gas weed eaters as I seem to replace those every couple of years. My electrics last 3-4 on average and usually it's batteries that fail but the technology is so old I opt for new. At any rate this one caught my eye but didn't know if anyone had tried it.

51274zybWTL._SL1000_.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Wasn't sure where to put this. I'm hoping there is someone out there that has tried the Dewalt 60V weed eater to tell me what they think about it. Time for an upgrade and on the pasture fences I get some serious weeds but don't care for the gas weed eaters as I seem to replace those every couple of years. My electrics last 3-4 on average and usually it's batteries that fail but the technology is so old I opt for new. At any rate this one caught my eye but didn't know if anyone had tried it.
I've not seen any reviews on that baby. But...
https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/tools-equipment/107162-dewalt-power-tool-review-thread.html

Reactions: OxPath and Logictox

·
Super Moderator
5,291 Posts
I have the 40v version of the same weed eater. It's awesome. Lots of torque and much easier to deal with than the 2--cycle machine it replaced. I have a 4ah and a 6ah battery for mine. If one runs out I start using the 2nd and the 1st is usually fully recharged by the time I run the 2nd down. That doesn't happen often though because the 4ah battery will run for about 45 minutes straight and I'm usually done by then.

Reactions: OxPath and Logictox

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just picked the 60v up at my local Bomgaars store last weekend. Used it once and so far I'm impressed. Bomgaars had a great price on it, ended up paying $199 plus tax for the kit including a 9ah battery and charger. I already have lot of Dewalt stuff, think I'm up to about ten 60v batteries now. Have two grinders, circular saw, sliding miter, air compressor and now the trimmer all in 60v. Have far more of the 20v stuff. I've been very happy with every one of them. For high demand tools like a grinder, circular saw or this trimmer, going 60v is absolutely worth the price difference.

In general the whole 60v line of tools performs extremely well and the trimmer is no different. It has a high and low switch, most general trimming it works just fine on low. When I got into some real dense and heavy stuff I flipped it up to high and it easily has enough to get the job done. At $200 it was a bargain, the battery alone sells for $120. I already had a couple of the 9.0 batteries and they have performed really well on the sliding miter saw. I trimmed around everything on a large corner lot and the battery still registered full charge.

It's super light compared to my Stihl Kombi trimmer and I barely noticed the weight as I carried it around the property. Bought it mostly because I don't like carrying my trimmer from one place to another. I road the mower between properties and wherever I leave the trimmer seems I always need it at the other place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke down last night and picked one up on the way home. Charged the battery and used it on a spot in my back yard. Now the problem is I like it so much I'll have to buy a second one, got this one for the weekend property and now I'll have to upgrade the one at my house in town. The pitfalls of having multiple homes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turned out to be an expensive adventure the last couple of weeks. I replaced my Z445 with a Z915E which put a dent in my check book and then started to upgrade my weed eater and ended up buying two and two 60V Dewalt leaf blowers. I'll have to lay low a while and let my checking account recover so I can buy more guns.

dewalt.jpg

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I’m thinking about the dewalt weedeater and other outside tools. I just bought the 60v dewalt table saw so that got me started.
I have the ryobi 40v stuff but the batteries just plain suck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m thinking about the dewalt weedeater and other outside tools. I just bought the 60v dewalt table saw so that got me started.
I have the ryobi 40v stuff but the batteries just plain suck.

I have several Dewalt battery tools and have had excellent service out of the tools and the batteries. That was the reason I decided to look at them for this upgrade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts