Green Tractor Talk banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I see a couple places, Tyler Tool for one, is offering a "free" (yeah right, free, Hahaha) starter battery set with the purchase of certain tools.
It just says 20v starter set. I can't tell what charger or what battery comes with it. The tools I'm looking at are the Max XR, top of the line 20v from I can tell.
Will this starter set charger be sufficient for the Max XR tools and batteries? Or, is there a Max XR charger as well?
The other "free" option is a single 5 ah battery.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I see a couple places, Tyler Tool for one, is offering a "free" (yeah right, free, Hahaha) starter battery set with the purchase of certain tools.
It just says 20v starter set. I can't tell what charger or what battery comes with it. The tools I'm looking at are the Max XR, top of the line 20v from I can tell.
Will this starter set charger be sufficient for the Max XR tools and batteries? Or, is there a Max XR charger as well?
The other "free" option is a single 5 ah battery.
If you put the two qualifying tools you want in a shopping cart and then view the cart, the free starter kit will be in the cart automatically. If the Starter Kit model number is DEWNDCB205-2CK, it consists of two 5-amp batteries, a charger and a bag. You can view the Starter Kit specifics by clicking on the link in the cart.

The batteries work in the MAX XR tools and all other 20V tools and the charger will charge any 12-20V battery. It's the same 90-minute charger (DCB115) that comes with most 20V MAX XR tool kits.

Some of the tools that qualify for the offer are top of the line XR tools and some aren't anything special, but it's still a decent deal if you need a couple 5-amp batteries and charger.

When I played with the cart this morning, it shows another $25.00 off, for the Dewalt order being more than $100.00. That's a nice surprise!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well found a few black friday deals I couldn't resist.

Stopped by the local Bomgaar's farm store this evening to grab some oil and of course had to make a pass thru the Dewalt section. Had waited all day for the black friday shoppers to clear out, figured any good deals were long gone. Pretty much hate crowded places or waiting in line, so I'm definitely NOT a shopper. I might walk around the lumber yard, gun shop or a tool store but only when it's not filled with people. Most of my shopping gets done on the computer.

Walking along I see the Dewalt 192 piece socket set I just bought for $149, on sale for $129 with a $30 rebate. I literally just bought it Tuesday, haven't even opened it, still setting on the bench! Into the cart it went, for $50 I can surely return the other one. Hunted down that receipt soon as I got home.

Next aisle over I see the premium, brushless drill/impact driver set DCK299P2. Regular price is $399, almost always see it for $299, but this one is only $199, includes two 5.0 batteries and a charger in a hard case! I don't need another one, but at this price I can't resist, into the cart it goes. Don't think I've ever seen it that cheap. Bought two of these sets for work last year, one of my employees has really been wanting one for himself. If he didn't get one at this price I'll see if he wants it. If not I might return it or guess I'll just have another set! Decisions! Decisions!

They had one Dewalt air hose reel left, been wanting to add a 3rd hose reel in my shop, need one by the door. Regular $119, on sale for $89 with a $20 rebate. Probably not as good quality as the other US made reels I have, but for $69, well sure, in the cart it goes.

Checking out the Tyler Tool sale mentioned earlier I noticed the 4" brushless grinder with a free 5.0 battery. Couldn't get the starter kit deal to go in the cart with any of the tools, figure it probably went out of stock. Good thing or I probably would have bought two grinders! Oh well, the grinder with a free battery for $105 is by far the best price I've found on that tool. Tried adding two but then it didn't give me a second battery. Almost placed a second separate order to see if I could double up on the free battery and $25 off but already have a the regular 20v grinder and the flexvolt so don't really need it.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Checking out the Tyler Tool sale mentioned earlier I noticed the 4" brushless grinder with a free 5.0 battery. Couldn't get the starter kit deal to go in the cart with any of the tools, figure it probably went out of stock. Good thing or I probably would have bought two grinders! Oh well, the grinder with a free battery for $105 is by far the best price I've found on that tool. Tried adding two but then it didn't give me a second battery. Almost placed a second separate order to see if I could double up on the free battery and $25 off but already have a the regular 20v grinder and the flexvolt so don't really need it.
Sorry about that. I was on the site early morning and finagled five discounted tools, five (free) 5-amp batteries and three $25.00 discounts. It almost felt like I was stealing. Now that I know it may have boned later customers, I feel terrible. :lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,418 Posts
Sorry about that. I was on the site early morning and finagled five discounted tools, five (free) 5-amp batteries and three $25.00 discounts. It almost felt like I was stealing. Now that I know it may have boned later customers, I feel terrible. :lol:
Have a beer, you'll get over it. :thumbup1gif::lol:

·
Registered
93 Posts
:bigthumb: Nice score! (Did the same with an amazon deal couple years ago) Sure I could have placed another order and gotten two, will probably wish I had. Already have a ridiculous number of batteries, think I'm up to 9 of the 60v and I don't even know on the 20's, probably twice that many. Just keep getting more with every bare tool.

The site still showed the starter kit as being in stock, but wouldn't load in the cart. :unknown:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #210

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Y'all are killing me

Y'all are just killing me. I've really got all the Dewalt tools I need and you go and dangle these great deals in front of me. :banghead: Now I've got to resist the temptation to buy tools I want instead of what I need.

Dang, it's bad enough spending OPM on green paint, now it's moved to yellow!

Treefarmer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
I have the same problem Treefarmer :banghead:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Y'all are just killing me. I've really got all the Dewalt tools I need and you go and dangle these great deals in front of me.
Now I've got to resist the temptation to buy tools I want instead of what I need.

Dang, it's bad enough spending OPM on green paint, now it's moved to yellow!

Treefarmer
Haha, no crap. I think I bought everything I wanted, already had all I needed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's a big me too! Just bought six suitcase weights Friday morning, then the black friday Dewalt sales. All I need is to find some hot deal at the gun shop to complete the trifecta....
Haha, what's need got to do with it!
:gizmo:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I picked up one of DeWalts new Atomic 20v 4.5” circular saws a few weeks ago, the DCS571. I’ve been using over the last few days to build new shelves in my garage and it has been fantastic to use. I’ve been mostly cutting 2x lumber and plywood. It has just enough depth to cleanly cut 2x boards, plenty of power too. The design of the saw makes it nicer to hold for sort of stuff IMO. The trigger lock is a simple tab you press down with your thumb. Blade depth and angle changes are easy with large locking levers to move. The exhaust shoots out the right side and it can be collected with the included hose attachment. To me this is the best feature of the saw. If your right handed than this saw is perfect because the dust doesn’t cover up the cutting space and it gets ejected away from you. You can easily keep an eye on the blade as you free hand plywood with ease, which is where this saw really shines. The handle design gives you a nice long reach. The rafter clip is ice because you can hang the saw right off your belt. I’ve been using 4ah batteries in it and have gotten lots of use out of one battery before needing a charge. This won’t replace a big corded or 60v 7-1/4” saw, but it’s a great compliment to one for the smaller stuff that does require such a heavier and more powerful saw. I’m very happy with this saw and would definitely buy another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I picked up one of DeWalts new Atomic 20v 4.5” circular saws a few weeks ago, the DCS571. I’ve been using over the last few days to build new shelves in my garage and it has been fantastic to use. I’ve been mostly cutting 2x lumber and plywood. It has just enough depth to cleanly cut 2x boards, plenty of power too. The design of the saw makes it nicer to hold for sort of stuff IMO. The trigger lock is a simple tab you press down with your thumb. Blade depth and angle changes are easy with large locking levers to move. The exhaust shoots out the right side and it can be collected with the included hose attachment. To me this is the best feature of the saw. If your right handed than this saw is perfect because the dust doesn’t cover up the cutting space and it gets ejected away from you. You can easily keep an eye on the blade as you free hand plywood with ease, which is where this saw really shines. The handle design gives you a nice long reach. The rafter clip is ice because you can hang the saw right off your belt. I’ve been using 4ah batteries in it and have gotten lots of use out of one battery before needing a charge. This won’t replace a big corded or 60v 7-1/4” saw, but it’s a great compliment to one for the smaller stuff that does require such a heavier and more powerful saw. I’m very happy with this saw and would definitely buy another one.
That is my favorite saw currently, use it all the time.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #217

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
That saw will probably be my next purchase, but not today.
Tyler Tool is running some great sales on DeWalt, but that saw isn't marked down as much as others, it's $129 right now. Anyone looking for DeWalt battery tools, make sure to check out Tyler Tools for their deals. I have bought from them in the past and they do a great job and offer some really good package deals.

Search Show | Tyler Tool

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where did you find a deal on the suitcase weights? :munch:
I checked everywhere google and I could think of. On craigslist/ebay/marketplace it seemed like everybody wanted $60 (or more) for old used, rusty weights. Heavy hitch had them for $49 per weight, but shipping was about $100. Some on Amazon for like $70 with shipping thru 3rd party sellers. Almost went through Green farm parts + the discount, it added tax and some shipping for heavy items but was reasonable.

In the end I stopped at the local JD dealer, they had eight in stock for $59.91 each plus tax and no freight. Bought six, I already had two. That fills up one side of my homemade version of the heavy hitch. Built it to hold 16 total but hoping I don't need that many.

Just checked again, GFP actually come out $25 cheaper with the black friday/cyber monday deal but I liked the convenience of picking it up local. Didn't have to wait on them and the dealer had them in the back of my truck before I even got the bill paid.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts