Green Tractor Talk banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
iamrfixit, I ordered the pole saw, just got off the phone with ACME. To say the people out there are very nice would be an understatement.
In my mined I got a heck of a deal. Of course they are back ordered.
I received my Pole Saw today. The unit seems to have an intermittent connection at the first joint from the battery end.
I called ACME and a replacement is being shipped today. My hat is off to ACME. I'm glad I used ACME. :good2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Man oh man. I got most of my order from ACME tools and boy howdy are these new fangled (to me) cordless drill and impact driver SWEET!! :good2:

The batteries even have a fuel gauge :cool:

My Dewalt 9.6V and 18V drill drivers are sure gonna be lonely from here on out.

That 18V drill feels like picking up a sledge hammer compared to the new one.
I am really impressed,,,,Amazing.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
That 18V drill feels like picking up a sledge hammer compared to the new one.
I am really impressed,,,,Amazing.
Me too. I have one of the new Li-Ion 20v max brushless DeWalts, and it's easily the best drill I've ever used. Light and powerful. My old 18v NiCads are collecting dust.

I wish DeWalt would have come out with a properly functional 18v to 20v adapter. I have one, but it only works with the little 2ah batter packs not the bigger packs. It also self-discharges packs over a day or two, so something clearly isn't right with it.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Me too. I have one of the new Li-Ion 20v max brushless DeWalts, and it's easily the best drill I've ever used. Light and powerful. My old 18v NiCads are collecting dust.

I wish DeWalt would have come out with a properly functional 18v to 20v adapter. I have one, but it only works with the little 2ah batter packs not the bigger packs. It also self-discharges packs over a day or two, so something clearly isn't right with it.

I have one of these 18V-20V adapters Waitley Battery Adapter for Dewalt DCA1820 18V-20V Converter w/ USB Power Bank 749882995454 | eBay and it works fine. I use it to allow me to use my 18V Milwaukee batteries on my 18V DeWalt equipment. The biggest Milwaukee battery I have is the 9amp.

Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
My DeWalt tool arsenal is small but growing.

Most of my cordless stuff is old Craftsman 19.2 C3 and still going strong.

We had a DeWalt cordless drill at work that didn't hold up for squat. I had the motor replaced in it once and it burned up again so I replaced it with the Craftsman 19.2 V stuff. Those held up better but the drill that came in the set wasn't as good as my old one is.

When my 40 year old corded Craftsman 4-1/2 inch grinder died I was disappointed to find they didn't have a comparable replacement. After burning up two different Harbor Freight grinders I found a DeWalt DWE4120 on sale at Tractor Supply. So far it has been a work horse.

I also bought my 20V DeWalt grease gun at Tractor Supply. They will match any advertised special you find on top of any discount they have. I got them to match the lowest price ad I found from HD and they added their 10% off on top of that. So far am pleased with it. I have a full size backhoe that eats a tube and a half of grease at every interval so the cordless cuts down on the time it takes to go through that. Word of warning: When the motor in the grease gun stops making a pumping sound stop immediately and change the tube. If you don't it will suck the tube closed and be a bear to get the empty tube out of.

Day before yesterday I was reading favorable reviews on the 20V brushless string trimmer. I have been on the fence about getting one but since my 31 year old Homelite was needing a new head and an adaptor bolt that is no longer available I looked into one of those. I went to the Home Depot website and it came up saying add to cart to see the price. I stuck one in the cart and it showed as $179 - $30. When I opened a new tab and looked at it again it was showing at $199. I am now the new owner of a 20V DeWalt string trimmer that sold at $149 plus tax. I haven't had a lot of time using it but the initial tests indicate I will be pleased I bought it. Hopefully the brushless motor will treat me better than the old style drill we had at work.

Anybody see a trend here? I use my stuff until it won't run then I look for the best deal on replacements I can find. Looks like I'm locked in to the DeWalt cordless now so if my old 19.2 Craftsman stuff starts to die I will replace as needed.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
My old craftsman grinder died last year too. I also went with dewalt, but I think I got 1 size bigger with an 11amp motor. It’s good but I miss the trigger in the craftsman. Then last winter amazon had some small hitachi grinders for $20. I bought 3. I think 2 are unused but setup to go. I have a grinding wheel on the dewalt, and the other 3 have a cup brush, a flap disk and a cutting disk. Someone last year also posted a great deal on flap disks, I almost think they were free, so I have a great supply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I also bought my 20V DeWalt grease gun at Tractor Supply. .... I have a full size backhoe that eats a tube and a half of grease at every interval so the cordless cuts down on the time it takes to go through that.
I made the mistake of sending an old 14.4 drill in for repairs years ago, cost over a hundred bucks and failed again. Now that you can buy a new bare tool with full warranty for less than my repair cost, I'd never fix one out of warranty.

Add a LockNLube coupler to your dewalt grease gun, makes greasing a lot quicker and easier when you have a ton of lube points, it's most definitely worth the price.

Can't comment on the 20v trimmer but the 60v is a real beast. I mow and trim 3 large yards, barely takes the battery off full.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
221 - 230 of 230 Posts