Green Tractor Talk banner

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hear ya. I'm still on the fence about flex volt. I'll wait a couple more years before I join that bandwagon. Dewalt had a lot of quality issues with those batteries when they launched. For now I'll stick with 20v cordless and corded for very high torque applications. The EClutch that comes on corded drills will save ones wrist.
I have about a dozen 60v batteries, four of those are 9.0ah. For 60v tools I've got the sliding miter saw, air comp, circ saw, framing saw, two grinders and a string trimmer. No issues, totally impressed with them so far. Bought the grinder and circular saw shortly after I first saw them, receipt says Nov of 2016. The 60v platform is not really all that new anymore, mine's seen a ton of use.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I'm resurrecting a disk that literally hasn't moved for over 10 years. Surprisingly, all four tires held air although I have no idea why as two of them had tread literally peeling off from sitting in the sun.

Yesterday, I pulled two wheels off and the cordless impact wrench was a great blessing. Some of the lugs took a long time to break loose but the wrench just kept on hammering and they eventually came free. I suspect I would have wrung off the lugs if I had just grunted on them. I had sprayed them down a week or so ago and the threads weren't too bad but the lugs had started to fuse to the wheels from sitting.

I was shocked and grateful that the gang bearings seemed fine. Replace two tires, hydraulic hoses and maybe the cylinder and I think the disk will work just fine for doing a little pasture renovation.

Treefarmer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #263 (Edited)
Dewalt Pole Saw

I had a chance yesterday to try out our new pole saw. Small stuff to 5" diameter stuff.
DeWalt Pole Saw Test.JPG

The Dewalt is lighter than my Stihl
Angled head is a plus.
IMO the chain should be smaller
Battery life is VERY GOOD.
Does not have the power my Stihl had
Does not cut as fast as the Sthil I had

No regrets.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,752 Posts
Dewalt Pole Saw
View attachment 729884
I had a chance yesterday to try out our new pole saw. Small stuff to 5" diameter stuff.
View attachment 729886

Angled head is a plus.
IMO the chain should smaller

No regrets.
Thanks for the review, figured that angled head would be a plus.(y)

Wish my Mil. Elect. had an angled head, although it does out cut my 20 year old Homelite gas powered speed wise, never tried a new Stihl gas powered.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Dewalt Pole Saw
View attachment 729884
View attachment 729886

Angled head is a plus.
IMO the chain should smaller

No regrets.
We have an older Stihl. My only issue is that I can leave a heck of a mess to clean up behind me. That and when it's fully extended to get that last limb it's a bit of a handful.

I think lighter is better and the battery probably would outlast me.

Treefarmer

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
I think lighter is better and the battery probably would outlast me.
That may be the reason I think the battery life appears to be very good. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just gave my brushless 20V string trimmer it's first good run. I went all around the house, garage, flower beds, portable garage, trees, and bushes. I ran it longer than I usually run one at any given time and the 5ah battery it came with was still going. I had to adjust from a 18" clockwise trimmer to a 13" counter clockwise trimmer. Took a few surprises in the face but I got use to it. It wouldn't hurt if it had a wider swath but I see no need to get the higher volt heavier unit.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
I ran it longer than I usually run one at any given time and the 5ah battery it came with was still going.
(y) These new battery operated tools amaze the heck out of me.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Has anyone ordered anything from a website called Decowas.com? The prices seem to good to be true so they probably are. If not a scam I’m going to order a few things

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Has anyone ordered anything from a website called Decowas.com? The prices seem to good to be true so they probably are. If not a scam I’m going to order a few things
That sounds like a scam website. I have never come across them in all my searches.

261 - 270 of 270 Posts