Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a gooseneck flatbed trailer. I have found a 1994 24 foot Diamond C Fleetneck tandem 7000lb axles, dove tail with slide in ramps. The dove tail can be raised for a flat deck. The trailer has less than 5000 miles on it, the heaviest load was around 8000lbs. It comes with 2 new tires and 2 spares. They are asking $3250.00 the trailer is located 250 miles from me.

I know nothing about Diamond C FleetNecks are they a decent trailer? Is this a fair price? My intended use is hauling hay and occasionally a 425 gallon water tank.

Please help !! Thank you

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
It's basically the same as my 24' Delta, right down to the flip up dovetail. My ramps fold over instead of slide in, but if you're not moving equipment much that's no big deal. It looks well built, the bridging along the bottom of the frame is a nice touch. Don't see that often on these light, short trailers. I'd plan on rewiring it though, most trailers aren't wired that well from the factory and 23 years certainly hasn't improved it.

Price seems fair, I don't think I'd sell mine for that. There's a place in Gillette that had 20k, 38' trailers for right around $9,000 brand new as a comparison.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing I know about that trailer you're looking at is that it's in Colorado. :laugh:
Busted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased the trailer today. I was able to pick it up for $3000. 00 I feel good about it, hopefully the wife will also.... :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was finally able to pickup the trailer. It sure seems to pull really well. After picking up the trailer I drove to GJT to visit my brother. He had some deck paint that was leftover from a project, so he gave it to me to put on the trailer deck. The deck loved it, two good coats today and maybe one more tomorrow. Pictures to follow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts