Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 JD 1025R, 260 BH, 60" Belly mower
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I'm new here and just getting to know the used 2016 1025R I purchased. I was having difficulty getting the seat to swivel, so I tried to lube it. It's working better, but now it seems like it's not fully latched in place. Beside the up/down compression from the springs, mine slides forwards/backwards maybe an inch. Am I just not remembering this action before. I've include a few pictures of some of the latch points. I seems like there are notches that are not being used. Thanks for your help! -r

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts

This is the common stuff that breaks the seat rotation. Mine broke twice. Member posted this. rod swivel ends from Summit Racing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Firemark, I'll check this out. Is the seat supposed to shift forward and back? I'm tying to post a gif of it moving, but not successful uploading.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Thanks Firemark, I'll check this out. Is the seat supposed to shift forward and back? I'm tying to post a gif of it moving, but not successful uploading.
Yes it does move forward and back. My rig is also a 2016. You have a bit of rust dirt and corrosion. Nothing that can’t be cured.

Reactions: Trackingguru

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
@Trackingguru The best way to show video is to upload a youtube clip then post the link in the discussion.

Btw. lots of swivel seats break. Its probably why deere went with 2 seats for newer backhoes

Reactions: Firemark

·
Registered
John Deere 1026R
206 Posts
I really hate the way the have a piece of metal with a rod or shaft going through it, with no bushing or anything. All it does is create wear points that rust, squeak and create slop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 784763

This is the common stuff that breaks the seat rotation. Mine broke twice. Member posted this fox from Summit Racing.
Maybe I'm not reading the part numbers correctly, but I can't find those on Summit. Do you happen to have the links?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Summit racing.com, enter those #s on each bag for jamb nuts and swivels. I just did it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi folks,
I'm new here and just getting to know the used 2016 1025R I purchased. I was having difficulty getting the seat to swivel, so I tried to lube it. It's working better, but now it seems like it's not fully latched in place. Beside the up/down compression from the springs, mine slides forwards/backwards maybe an inch. Am I just not remembering this action before. I've include a few pictures of some of the latch points. I seems like there are notches that are not being used. Thanks for your help! -r
View attachment 784758 View attachment 784759 View attachment 784761 View attachment 784762
Hi Trackingguru
I have had a similar problem. The second and last pictures show the hinge for the seat, the pieces that bolt to the seat base and have the hinge pin through them should be vertical, they should locate under the plate on the seat base.
The picture below shows the pieces in their correct position and a mod I did. The piece of all thread stiffens the hinge assembly, I have had no problems since doing the mod.
Regards John
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Automotive lighting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Trackingguru
I have had a similar problem. The second and last pictures show the hinge for the seat, the pieces that bolt to the seat base and have the hinge pin through them should be vertical, they should locate under the plate on the seat base.
The picture below shows the pieces in their correct position and a mod I did. The piece of all thread stiffens the hinge assembly, I have had no problems since doing the mod.
Regards John
View attachment 784821
Hi John. Thanks for this! I will definitely get this done. The arms that the rod passes through seem so flimsy. This setup should stiffen that up. -Robert

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
The seat also hits on the seat belt bracket which messes up the rotation....I got my rods from McMasters but these might even be better...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi John. Thanks for this! I will definitely get this done. The arms that the rod passes through seem so flimsy. This setup should stiffen that up. -Robert
Hi Robert
I love my 1025R all except the @#$%& seat, it has been Repaired, welded and modified more times than I can remember. The rest of the tractor is great.( except for a couple of electrical gremlins)
Regards John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts