Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New poster here. I have a new 2038r with the 270b backhoe. Yesterday was my first time putting it on after taking it off a week ago. Long story short, I missed the step where you lower the rockshaft all the way down after installing the frame pins. Im pretty sure it was attempting to lift the three point arms the entire 3 hours I used the tractor today and I could hear the pressure relief sound (which I didn't realize till I took it off at the end of the day). I believe there is a hydraulic oil dummy light on the dash? No warning lights ever came on and the power beyond fittings were were slightly hot but I could easily keep my bare hand on them. Any worries here?

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
2,171 Posts
Welcome to GTT. I can't speak to the procedure for the 2038, but the PB connectors will get warm with normal use. They are seeing a constant flow of hydraulic oil and as the oil heats through use, the connectors (and everything else the hydraulic oil circulates through) will increase in temp.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Was just concerned since the rockshaft was constantly under a relief load for an extended period of time it wasn't good. Im assuming I have the hyd oil temp sensor since the dealer installed rear scvs. Anyone know this sensor location so I could check?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm pretty sure the hydraulic temperature sensor is standard equipment on the base tractor. Not sure where it's located, but it would've warned you if your hydraulics started to overheat. Don't quote me on this, but I also believe there is a forced shutdown if it gets too hot as well, but only after warning you first.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
You should be fine. Smell the hydraulic fluid and if it smells cooked, replace it. I doubt you harmed anything.
Sincerely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts