Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who bought the tech manual, did you get the printed version, or the CD? From what I can see, the manual is only available from the Deere tech pubs website. I am probably going to get the manual, only because I have manuals for everything else I own (or have owned). The CD is half the price, but if it is twice as inconvenient, I may just fork out the cash for the printed manual. I guess I could print a copy myself, or just print the pages I need when needed and stick them in a binder and eventually have the manual printed. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
I bought the cd for two reasons.

1. I can print what i need and get them dirty working on the tractor without worry.
2. I can have the manual anywhere with me on my remote server so access can be from any computer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
22,591 Posts
I did the same as Brian minus the server. Buy the CD and print out your manual and have both.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I did the same,minus the server. :good2:

Greg

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Just the CD too :thumbup1gif:. Kinda wish all my tech manuals were on CD, especially the older ones.

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
CD for me as well...I just wish it was indexed and searchable.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
2022 John Deere 4066R Cab and loader
5,741 Posts
I bought the cd for two reasons.

1. I can print what i need and get them dirty working on the tractor without worry.
2. I can have the manual anywhere with me on my remote server so access can be from any computer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Ditto....

·
Registered
111 Posts
That is what drove me to spring for the printed manual. I can't stand having to drag the cursor on the right hand side to guess which page I need.
there is an index and you can go right to where you need to with it.

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
CD's for everything, then I print out the entire book and put them in binders to use when I am in the quonset as I don't mind getting a printed book all greasy. Can't say the same for my laptop and I find using a computer to read from when working on stuff a PITA.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Kenny you can't search yours? All my John Deere stuff is PDF and searchable.

I usually edit my PDF manuals and take most the idiot crap and legal stuff out and save as filename-rm. Some manual cover different models and if its got a section for a different engine,etc then I trash it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
23,173 Posts
Kenny you can't search yours? All my John Deere stuff is PDF and searchable.

I usually edit my PDF manuals and take most the idiot crap and legal stuff out and save as filename-rm. Some manual cover different models and if its got a section for a different engine,etc then I trash it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I just checked...I can indeed search it, but it not indexed. It is just a 700 page document. I do not have a way to edit it since I only have a pdf reader.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.