Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,803 Posts
You mean the ring on the fuel separator? Number 16 shown in the illustration. I just remove and tighten by hand............If necessary, gently tap on a flange with a punch and soft blow hammer at an angle to initially get it loose, but hand tighten afterwards.

Rectangle Font Parallel Terrestrial plant Pattern

Reactions: arlen

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
A large channel lock pliers. Just did mine last night. There aren't many good angles to get the pliers on the retainer ring but straight in with the pliers on the fuel pump side of the tractor works good.

Not sure how the person above is having good luck with hand tightening the retainer ring... If mine isn't extremely tight (via pliers) it leaks. And yes, the rubber gasket is in place.

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
OP,
This filter is your water separator. Use channel locs, and don't over tighten when replacing.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I don’t know what size that is but I use a lock ring tool for my goldenrod filter on my jump tank on my truck.
Kitchen utensil Bicycle part Fashion accessory Tool Metal

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have used Channel lock pliers for years, but it is difficult to get them on fuel filters for some of my tractors. I found this Channel Lock # 209 on Amazon. It is a 9" version and is the best thing I have ever used.

Product Font Line Auto part Logo

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have used Channel lock pliers for years, but it is difficult to get them on fuel filters for some of my tractors. I found this Channel Lock # 209 on Amazon. It is a 9" version and is the best thing I have ever used.

View attachment 814750
After reviewing this again vs a strap wrench, I did pick up this type of wrench. Works good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts