Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Frontier LR20 series and the LR50 series landscape rakes? I can find full specifications for the LR20 series but I cannot find much information other than an overview for the LR50 series. They both seem to be classified as Standard Duty implements.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Here is a post a made last year that should help answer your question.

Frontier LR5048L landscape rake
Thank you for the reply but I am still somewhat confused. That article is talking about the LR5048L. I can clearly see where the "L" series are different than the standard rakes as the "L" is made for smaller tractors like a SCUT with lower horsepower and are classified as Limited Cat-1. To enhance the confusion even more, JD offers a LR20L and LR50L series so the confusion can be extended to the Limited Cat-1 rakes as well. :)

I was looking at the standard model like the LR5072. The LR5072 is rated for 15-50 HP and LR2072 is rated for 19-40 HP and both show a weight of over 200 lbs.

In the Build Your Own section of the JD website they show gauge wheels as an option for the LR2072 but not for the LR5072 yet clearly the article you referenced shows even a LR5048L with gauge wheels.

It's very odd that the JD site does not have a full specification sheet for the LR50 series.

I have noticed similar instances with other JD implements in that they make it unusually difficult to determine the differences between the various product offerings.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still at my wits end trying to figure out the difference between the LR2072 and LR5072. They both appear to have similar specifications yet are constructed slightly different. The LR2072 costs about 10% more. JD certainly doesn't make it easy when it comes to choosing certain types of implements.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,158 Posts
I'm still at my wits end trying to figure out the difference between the LR2072 and LR5072. They both appear to have similar specifications yet are constructed slightly different. The LR2072 costs about 10% more. JD certainly doesn't make it easy when it comes to choosing certain types of implements.
I just looked at both and I can see your point.......................got me.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked up the pricing on the JD site.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It could be a misprint. That is all too common with JD since they outsource most of their brochure and web work to countries like India or even third world counties. The only thing I can see about the 20 series that is better, is the fact that the mounting/pivot bolt that holds the rake to the three point frame is running through a much heavier duty mount than it is on the 50 series, which appears to be King Kutter type of pivot. (JD sells plenty of tools that are nothing more than KK tools painted green. The single and double bottom plows, the S tine cultivator, and single row cultivator, and the sub soilers are all KK tools).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts