Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm, when I look at this picture there is no difference. Beautiful on both sides of the border!!

:usa :canada

IMG_0957.jpg

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Neat observation!

We've been watching a show on Netflix called Heartland which takes place and filmed in British Columbia - I am guessing on the front range of the Rockies. Such beautiful scenery!

Mrs. C's parents take a long bus tour every summer - this year they are going to B.C. - I am so envious!

nov21b.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
Who gets to mow that strip of grass, and with what?
Or is half the strip mowed by a Canadian, and half by USA mower?
Good question! Maybe we take turns :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well our minimum wage is generally higher in Canada so I think it is more cost effective to have the US take care of the mowing. I hope they use something green and yellow to mow it regardless. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Who gets to mow that strip of grass, and with what?
Or is half the strip mowed by a Canadian, and half by USA mower?
Wow
I never knew there was a literal strip of grass through the forest seperating the countries.
Is it mined? :laugh:

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
We have pipe lines that run up and down the mountains like that. It must have been an amazing feat to install a huge pipe line on hillsides like that. A lot of the older guys around here made their money doing that back in the day.

And a lot of is mowed with tractors. They are usually 4-5 series size 4WD tractors with brush hogs - and all kinds of ballast! Crazy young guys run them.

Anyway, I never knew that border strip existed either - pretty neat!

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
We have pipe lines that run up and down the mountains like that. It must have been an amazing feat to install a huge pipe line on hillsides like that. A lot of the older guys around here made their money doing that back in the day.

And a lot of is mowed with tractors. They are usually 4-5 series size 4WD tractors with brush hogs - and all kinds of ballast! Crazy young guys run them.

Anyway, I never knew that border strip existed either - pretty neat!
There are several pipelines that cross my property. I witnessed the installation of the last two. They bend the pipe to follow the contour of the land. They weld the sections of pipe together up on top, beside the trench, then move the pipe into the trench. After weld inspections and protective coating (which are also inspected) are applied to the welds.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
I didn't know there was a mowed strip either. Neat picture.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
With a cabbed tractor I'd mow it. But I'd want to go by the U.S. laws because I'd want to carry a rifle and a pistol. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Wow, what a cool pic. I also never knew that portions of the USA/Canada border was like that. I've been to a few areas of the border at Niagara Falls, St Lawrence, Detroit and Vancouver, but they are usually at bodies of water and we were crossing on a highway. Nothing like that pic, thanks for sharing.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Awesome picture.

Hopefully no one ever decides to build a wall and there it is far too pretty. :usa:danger::canada

·
Premium Member
7,692 Posts
With a cabbed tractor I'd mow it. But I'd want to go by the U.S. laws because I'd want to carry a rifle and a pistol. :bigthumb:
Which side are you worried about?

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
I didn't know there was a mowed strip either. Neat picture.
I have taken a very close look at numerous sections of the border in Montana and North Dakota using Google Maps and or Google Earth to zoom in. Every so often, you will see Elk, Deer or I have even seen Bear in the zoomed in Imagery. But I wasn't able to read their license plates....so I couldn't tell their country of origin.:laugh::lol:

I have been looking very closely as some property which is for sale within a few hundred yards of the U.S.A. / Canadian Border. In most instances the best satellite images are available near the border which makes it handy for closely looking at property etc., when compared to the images in other locations. I doubt this great satellite imagery near the border is a coincidence..........

Also, you get a real feel for just how rural and "unsupervised" many of these remote areas truly area. It's also interesting to see the access roads which cross the border for various reasons which do not have official border crossing facilities. Many of the rural crossings which have border crossing facilities have quite limited hours. When you find them on Google Maps, you can look up their hours and other details.

Really neat photo, Carvel Loafer. Sounds like you had a nice trip and thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
Which side are you worried about?
I was thinking about the Canadian laws on guns. From what I hear they are stricter then the U.S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts