Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 10 inches of wet snow we got yesterday is really making me think about getting my mower deck ready. Last fall, I replaced the gauge wheels, gearbox rubber mounts(spendy), changed the gear oil, and replaced the belt. I normally replace the blades every year with OEM from the dealer. I didn't have this big repository (GTT) of information until this year. So I'm wondering if there are any "super stock high performance" blades that you recommend for my deck?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Lots of folks think Gator blades are pretty good, me included on my 48C deck. They are readily available all over, net, dealers and even some box stores. There's some imitations, but the steel in the Gators sharpen very well and really holds an edge.

The Gator Mulcher - The best mower replacement blade

Also try the "Search" feature on this site and put "gator blades" in the box. There should be plenty of returns as this is a pretty popular option to OEM blades.

Reactions: arlen

·
Administrator
23,165 Posts
I run the Gator's as well, they do a fine job.

·
Super Moderator
2,824 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
I tried a set of those Mega mow blades on my 5 foot deck with my old 650. Nice concept but I don't think the blade speed was high enough on that deck to keep the pivoting knives extended. It would leave streaks in thicker grass. Ended up giving them away.
I really like the Fusion and Gator blades and agree they hold an edge longer than OEM blades. I haven't even mowed with the new 72D deck yet but there is a set on the UPS truck today for it.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Definitely try the Gators.
If your OEM blade number is M143504,then the number for the new G6 Gator Mulchers is 396771.:)

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Definitely try the Gators.
If your OEM blade number is M143504,then the number for the new G6 Gator Mulchers is 396771.:)
Well, then the next question is: Who do you recommend for a vendor?

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Got mine mail order from here, Agri-Supply.

Agri Supply - Search
Good company to deal with, quick shipping and pretty good prices too.

Reactions: arlen
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.