Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hi:howdy-does anyone know how i can find out if i can install a different yoke on my i-match ss1067b 3pt spreader-
part number for my yoke is 5BP1021010C---i want the yoke that u can curl the front of the yoke -instead of the push pin. just like whats on the my MMM mower deck. u just twist the end and it will even hold it's self in a locked position till u get it on. my RFM has one of these on it.

jeepers found out this afternoon, i don't have enough strength to push the darn pin in the whole way to side the yoke onto the tractor. i tried using vise-gripes to no luck, just not enough room for them:nunu: thanks!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
jeepers found out this afternoon, i don't have enough strength to push the darn pin in the whole way to side the yoke onto the tractor. i tried using vise-gripes to no luck, just not enough room for them:nunu: thanks!
Are you sure the pin is clean and oiled.

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure the pin is clean and oiled.
yelp--it's brand new, only been pushed in and installed twice so far, and both times the youngest boy did it for me. i can push it in so far, just don't have enough omgh to finish pushing it in, while it's on the pto shaft.

gizmo2--i have yet to spread anything thru it-and yesterday i wanted to use it-:banghead: and whatta think the wife had to say about all this last evening--:lol: shouldn't bought it before ya told me--this is what ya get for hiding it from me:nunu:

never would of thought i lost that much muscle -:banghead: but i guess i did.:dunno:

i'm hoping jgayman can help me cross this yoke to what i need.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Check to see if your PTO shield will "flip up" to give you more room for pushing the shaft on. Then maybe you can use the vise grips to hold the pin in. Personally, I prefer the pin style.

Dave

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check to see if your PTO shield will "flip up" to give you more room for pushing the shaft on. Then maybe you can use the vise grips to hold the pin in. Personally, I prefer the pin style.

Dave
yeah i already tied that too. when i go out i'm gonna look at my RFM and see if i can find the serial number and then look it up. i have never needed to cross reference anything like this before.

i like the twist one ever since coaltrain told me about how they lock, then u can push or wriggle them with both hands.

just too damn weak to push pin in, and slide the shaft at the same time-other than that their ok.

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
Big Jim.....

You might want to pick one of these up next time you are at Wally World.. You can use it from time to time while watching TV, etc. and help restore that hand strength. Or, even a racquetball to squeeze. Older tennis balls will also work but new tennis balls are hard to compress with one hand at first. This hand strengthener at Wal mart is under $10 and it's adjustable to make it tougher as you rebuilt strength...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym-Adjustable-Hand-Grip/39082937?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227027051172&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=43385346632&wl4=pla-82951821392&wl5=9017364&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=39082937&wl13=&veh=sem

·
Registered
12,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for now my youngest son came and installed it for me.:good2:he said jeepers dad-that pin pushed hard:laugh: i said yeah no kidding.:banghead:
gonna change that if possible.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My tiller has the pin type, I get it started on the shaft, push the pin and wiggle it enough to hold the pin (1/4" maybe) then use both hands to fully connect/seat the shaft. Pin pops into position when it's on the shaft far enough.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
My tiller has the pin type, I get it started on the shaft, push the pin and wiggle it enough to hold the pin (1/4" maybe) then use both hands to fully connect/seat the shaft. Pin pops into position when it's on the shaft far enough.
X2 :thumbup1gif:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts