Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2015 1025R FLB that I was using a few weeks ago. I was moving some large rocks but had to stop when the ground got too jello-like. I needed to use the differential lock a few times to back myself out of the muck. My foot slipped off the pedal once or twice and then I had a hard time getting my heel back onto the mechanism. I didn’t think much of it at the time but this weekend, while installing my mowing deck, I noticed the diff lock pedal too high and pinned against the top of the opening. I have Ken’s pedal extension mounted on the rod. It feels like the pedal still engages the diff lock but it shouldn’t return and spring back against the top of the opening in the cover. I haven’t jacked up the rear and removed the wheel yet but my first thought was that the differential control rod had broken off of the differential bracket as I had seen in a previous forum post. However, I can see underneath that the rod is still connected to the lower bracket in front of the axle. If I press the pedal down, the first two inches or so have only spring-like resistance before I can feel the diff lock mechanism engage. Before I remove my mower deck and rear wheel, has anyone else experienced this scenario?
Please and thank you!
-Andy

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
My Diff lock pedal is against the top of the opening. (both my 1023e's were/are like this)
I have to push it down when I remove and install the cover.
You may not have a problem at all.
Maybe it was stuck down before and you got it freed up?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
It's like that on my 2025

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,828 Posts
Not a whole lot to it...

Reactions: BWV
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.