Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
T:greentractorride:his past weekend i dig out 6 large rocks with front loader jd 2210 53 bucket Sorry no pics for now but 3 rocks are so big and heavy that are over 1000lbs ??2000lbs 3ft x 3ft x 1ft I could not lift them too big for my bucket/tractor but i push them out and relocate them out of my way:laugh:

·
Registered
12,492 Posts
T:greentractorride:his past weekend i dig out 6 large rocks with front loader jd 2210 53 bucket Sorry no pics for now but 3 rocks are so big and heavy that are over 1000lbs ??2000lbs 3ft x 3ft x 1ft I could not lift them too big for my bucket/tractor but i push them out and relocate them out of my way:laugh:
danmorea; hey's that's good, make sure ur front tires are aired up to right pressure before u start trying to lift that much. big jim

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
danmorea- Big rocks a incredibly difficult to move and controlling in a FIL even more. I've had success getting a chain around them sometimes but patience and safety are key.

Thanks for sharing, pictures would be great if you can . . . . :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
danmorea- Big rocks a incredibly difficult to move and controlling in a FIL even more. I've had success getting a chain around them sometimes but patience and safety are key.

Thanks for sharing, pictures would be great if you can . . . . :kidw_truck_smiley:
I try that, using chains but with loader full with soil would lift my front off the ground What i did after i dig i flip them out from the hole and when i have the rock on level ground i lift one end 1-2 inch and push them

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I wasn't able to get on their low side due to crops in the field so pulling was my option up a 2' or so step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: danmorea
1 - 6 of 6 Posts