Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the third Potting Bench the other day for DIL Shannon. This is the last one as far as I know now. Recycle cedar is getting low, I'm not sure I have enough for another.

IMG-0548.JPG

IMG-0558.JPG

IMG-0559.JPG

IMG-0560.JPG

IMG-0561.JPG

IMG-0562.JPG

IMG-0563.JPG

IMG-0564.JPG

Notice the difference from the previous bench? . . . (Maria's) . . . I matched the mirror image of many of the board at the back, altho once I put the shelves on it is a little hard to notice.

This is Maria's . . .
Maria-4.JPG

And this is Shannon's . . .
IMG-0561.JPG

If anyone wants a 'crude' sketch of the build send me a 'pm' with your personal email address.

·
Registered
12,288 Posts
:bigthumb: looks good Marlin. i'm sure they will love them.:good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,263 Posts
Looking great Marlin! :bigthumb:

As for the difference, you mean other then the color? Looking at the top shelf to the top, Maria's looks taller. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
They sure look good Marlin. :thumbup1gif:
Call me an idiot but I don't see any difference. :dunno:
Well, there's a door left wide open!!! :laugh: But, since I'm a well mannered guy, I won't go through it! :mocking:

Those are nice looking benches, Marlin. You are going to make the ladies in your life very happy!! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking great Marlin! :bigthumb:

As for the difference, you mean other then the color? Looking at the top shelf to the top, Maria's looks taller. :dunno:

Levi ~ No not color . . . Regarding the boards on the back I put the 'mirror image' board next to the first board. It was more evident before I installed the shelves. And . . . both benches should be the same height.

:bigthumb: looks good Marlin. i'm sure they will love them.:good2:
Yea . . . I love being a hero once in awhile.

They sure look good Marlin. :thumbup1gif:
Call me an idiot but I don't see any difference. :dunno:
Yea . . . it's not that obvious is it.

Well, there's a door left wide open!!! :laugh: But, since I'm a well mannered guy, I won't go through it! :mocking:

Those are nice looking benches, Marlin. You are going to make the ladies in your life very happy!! :bigthumb:
Yea . . . I promised the three of them years ago, after I made the one for Missey, that I would make one for each of them . . . I love keeping a promise. :mocking: (With all the health issues I've have over the last few years I wasn't sure I make it.)

Daughter Ruthie didn't want a Potting Bench . . . instead a rustic cedar headboard. So, the headboard is in process and I should finish it early next week. (Each board needs to be mounted in place and then coat the whole thing with a couple coats of Tung Oil.)

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Potting Bench Finished & Delivered

Well this is the last post on the Potting Bench I made for DIL Shannon. Since I had Tung Oil to spare after a few 'other' projects and I had the time . . . I put a Tung Oil finish on Shannon's bench. These were taken just before we loaded and transported the bench to Battle Ground Washington yesterday.

IMG-0587.JPG

IMG-0595.JPG

IMG-0596.JPG

IMG-0597.JPG

IMG-0598.JPG

IMG-0599.JPG

We all went out for lunch afterwards . . .

IMG_3919.JPG

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
They look great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts