Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago, I started building a 3 point hitch for my 330. I completed it this weekend. Thought I'd share a few pics it with y'all.

Bought four Cat 0 ball ends and a section of 1/2" X 2" flat bar. Cut the bar to length and welded the ball ends.

IMG_0343.JPG IMG_0354.JPG

Cut out the rock shaft arms. 1/2" X 2" flat bar.
IMG_0635.JPG

Below is the factory rock shaft with the center link tabs(circled) welded to it.
I turned the original hitch upside-down; and welded a section of heavy angle iron onto it, to create the lower draft link attaching point. Then, I welded tabs to attach the lower ball of the draft links. I also welded a 2" receiver to the hitch.

IMG_0657 - Copy.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0683.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG

Okay, here's a few shots of the whole mess installed on the 330.
IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0667.JPG IMG_0663.JPG

After the 3 point hitch was finally installed, I built a hitch attachment. Clean, primed and applied John Deere Green. Tomorrow, I'll buy a 2" receiver to weld to the hitch attachment. I know, I should have done this prior to painting. I'm just goofy that way. :mocking:
IMG_0654.JPG IMG_0671.JPG

After the green paint dried, I installed the hitch attachment.
IMG_0672.JPG IMG_0673.JPG

I've got to visit Tractor Supply tomorrow to buy a few more 5/8" Cat 0 pins.

Next project is to fabricate sway bars to prevent side to side hitch movement when an implement is attached.

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
Nice fab work sir! :good2:

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Looks great Flyweight. You will get a lot of use out of that. Thanks for the pics, great craftsmanship ?

Reactions: flyweight

·
Super Moderator
8,192 Posts
Nice work! Looks great. :good2:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Pretty awesome! :good2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks great and thanks for sharing!! I really enjoy seeing project builds like this. :bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Nice work, flyweight.

·
Premium Member
15,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
:good2::good2::good2:

:thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys & gal.
I enjoy doing project like this. I've got a set of rear Ag tire ordered(26 x 12-12), to prepare for a larger garden. This will be the first year working a garden with a tractor. :good2:

I'm working on making a set of rear wheel weights & also a couple of tool bars, for mounting plow shears and cultivator sweeps. I'll post those later.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had some time to kill this afternoon. I fabricated an adjustable hitch mount for the 3 point A-frame.

I cut a section of 2" x 2" square tubing to size. Drilled four 3/8" holes(2" apart) along the tubing length. Then, fabricated an adjusting mount.

IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0728.JPG

Buffed, fitted & welded the tubing in place on the A-frame. Shot a couple coats of JD green. :good2:

IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0729.JPG

This will have three different height adjustments. Tomorrow, I'll fabricate a hitch bracket and quick pins for the height adjuster. Pics to follow.

·
Premium Member
10,133 Posts
:thumbup1gif:

I like the adjustable hitch idea!

Nice work.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Really nice job on the 3PH.:bigthumb:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the complements. :thumbup1gif:

Daughter & SIL had to got to HD for supplies. So, this gave me a chance to complete the adjustable hitch. It didn't take very long to complete. Good thing for fast-drying paint.

IMG_0744.JPG IMG_0747.JPG

And, with a 2" ball
IMG_0750.JPG

I drove to the back of the yard, to hook up to one of my trailers. Wanted to try it out. Well, with all the rain we've been getting, it stopped dead in it's tracks. I had to travel back & forth a few time, but managed to get free. Had to drive back to the front and wash the mud off. Think I'll wait 'til is dry to try again.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts