Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not having any luck finding a print for the JD system and since I don't have my tractor yet I can't reverse engineer it.

Anyone have it?

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I posted a photo of a JDQA fork carriage a while back with measurements written on it, but I can't find it now. I have it on my home computer though and can try to post it tonight unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The closest I've found was over on TBN and it lacked the side-to-side measurements for both the top brackets and their spacing. Ironically, I can't find that one again now either.

No rush, I'm just drawing up some grapple plans and want to know where things need to be located. :)

Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,466 Posts
I have never seen a "published" drawing for either JDQA systems. I started working on one with a member here a long time ago (for the 2,3,4 series) but due to no fault of his it never got done.

Here is the one from TBN I think you might be referring to:
JDQA Pins.jpg

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's part of it. The Hook dimensions (radius, width, length), offset from the vertical face, and spacing left to right are also needed.

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Here is the one from TBN I think you might be referring to:
View attachment 38745

Nope, that one is mine. :)

The hooks are available from JD, probably more efficient to buy them vs fabricating. The hooks vary by implement maker, there's no exact standard for width or style. What do you mean by offset? The tilt of the attachment is determined by the lower pins and varies by type of implement. I believe radius is 1 or 1.25", but no longer have any QA parts I can measure.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a full machine shop. I'm not buying hooks from the dealer. :laugh:

I made thirty more of these last night:

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
What are those? :unknown:

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Army Aviation? Nice. I was a Blackhawk guy myself. Good to meet another Army Aviator.:thumbup1gif::usa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts