Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reviewing a lot of utubes about the operation of the tooth bars on the front bucket. It seems like in a lot of instances these work great but in heavy root situations...the setup easily gets more than the tractor has power. I'm thinking of some fabrication with my Dingo bucket in adding a few teeth...directly welding on the front lip...I would think 1/2" would surfice...the contact area would be small enough to provide more than adequate leverage and usage...I welcome any comments to my idea....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,901 Posts
I would recommend making a removable tooth bar instead of welding directly to the bucket edge. It only requires a flat piece of steel and a support on each side. That way you can weld the shanks to it and have something that is removable and repairable. It will also be stronger.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
X2 on the removable tooth bar.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I concur with the bolt on....thinking of making the teeth out of 1/2" plate and sharpening the top or possibly finding some old bushog blades and then sharpen the top...I think this would provide an upper cutting edge to slice through the roots....I've noticed that the current models do not provide any upward cutting edge....

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Just remember to pre heat any hardened steel before you weld and wrap in a fire blanket or something to let it cool at a slower rate.:bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts