Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are getting about 14yards of each product I am not sure what the best method of dealing with it. How do you guys get stuff delivered to then distribute with your lcut? The landscape place said they usually dump on a tarp. We can only get it dumped in the paved drive as the rest of the yard is not accessible via any sort of truck. Was half thinking of building a temp barrier stall for them to dump into. thoughts?

Josh

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I usually just dump it on the drive. Any loader will make short work of it.

·
Administrator
20,694 Posts
I usually just dump it on the drive. Any loader will make short work of it.
That's what I've done here. Unless it's gravel, then I use a tarp. But the tarp is a big PITA and it usually gets ruined in the process.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,474 Posts
You'll tear up a tarp with the loader. As sstlaure said, easy work, but 28 yards of stuff is a lot.

·
Premium Member
12,241 Posts
You'll tear up a tarp with the loader. As sstlaure said, easy work, but 28 yards of stuff is a lot.
That's been my experience as well. It goes good until you get down to the last few inches and then the loader snags the tarp and the mess begins.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,474 Posts
That's been my experience as well. It goes good until you get down to the last few inches and then the loader snags the tarp and the mess begins.
And a BIG PITA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah that's what I figured too. I am going to check with local rental spot for some of those concrete barriers. See if I can rent a few and make a coral.

Just realized this was moved. Didn't realize there was a spot for this sort of thing. My bad.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I'd just dump it on the drive, move as much as possible with the loader, then sweep the remaining usable stuff into the loader, then leaf blower the dust off the drive. Wind, rain, and snow will remove the remaining fines.

I can move 24-tons of rock with my 4200 in an afternoon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts