Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need assistance in disabling the RIO switch on my 3046R. I looked at other sites and found a sequence of computer commands but they weren’t applicable to my tractor. It is a real pain when you have 6 acres to mow. I look forward to input.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reactions: jasper04

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
That does not apply to my 2020 3039R. Does anyone know how to disable the rio?

Should.

Much better than using JD made jumper plug and caps. Don't know if they are still listed in JD parts or not, and were quite hard to find. I found them for my 2014 4720 when I ordered it, bought them before I even had the tractor. Told dealer that I was bypassing the RIO with the JD jumpers, and low and behold tractor showed up with the RIO disabled, PTO switch swapped out to regular switch, and a back-up alarm added that I didn't order the tractor with! All PTO lights work as should!

I should add that I have a mid PTO and 72" MMM for my 4720. Dealers are not allowed to do something like this for liability reasons! BIG shout out to my dealer. I don't think the older XX20 series have a key in process like the newer series. Not sure.

On the newer series it should work, and is a MUCH better way to do it. I did the parameter changes on my late 2018 Gen 2 2032R when I got it,and worked perfect.

I would guess that until the newer 3 series has an updated makeover it would work. Just can't see JD closing that loop hole to future buyers, just not good business. It's a way to satisfy the lawyers, and transfer the liability to the owner as It should be.

JD lists the procedure in the tech manual. Why on earth would a mechanic need to disable the RIO to diagnose ANY problem on a tractor. For now it is there for OUR benefit, until another suit (god forbid) happens and the Lawyers get involved again.

Try, disable away, and enjoy!!

Allen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you. I tried going through that sequence many times. It just works differently all together. I’m sure there is a way to do it but the sequence is different on the newer tractor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is this only an issue with the mid mount mower or any implement used by the rear pto also? I have a 2019 3039r but it don't shut off in reverse with my mx5 cutter.

·
Premium Member
6,305 Posts
It is only for the mid pto.

I suspect it’s is the same key strokes for the op but he might be in he wrong parameter section. There is also the option of buying a front mounted accessory interlock for snow blowers or brooms. It has a prox switch that senses when the front pto is installed and defeats the RIO. It should be available as a stand alone purchase. Then it would just be a matter of mounting the prox switch by a piece of metal.

·
Premium Member
10,564 Posts
I do not have mid mount or front mount.
By this do you mean that you do not have the Mid PTO or just nothing connected to it?

Mine shuts off in reverse with my mx6.
Where is your PTO selector set at? You have three options - Mid PTO only, Mid and Rear PTO, and Rear PTO only.

If it is set Rear PTO only, there should be no RIO interlock.

Reactions: Herminator
1 - 12 of 12 Posts