Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
I ordered the BX ripper May 25th. 3-1/2 week wait, it shipped today. Got FedEx confirmation they picked it up and due for delivery Friday.

I agree BX's communication is non existent on their delays, but the product is worth the wait. I'm not disappointed, as I knew when I ordered, it would be 3-4 wks most likely, and they held true to that :laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
I don't ever remember hearing about a change of ownership, but they did move to a different state and larger facility a few years ago.
Just goes to prove that I'm getting older and the memory is fading...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
It is pretty common now days for a merchant to process the charge upon receipt of the order.

1. It establishes you are a committed buyer and will not cancel the order when notified of the charge.

2. Even large corporations practice "just in time" supply. Despite today's cheap money, it is still a cost and profit margin are not what they use to be.

3. It is less paperwork processing time and it establishes a single procedure for order intake. Having to double back and process the charge upon shipment adds paperwork and processing man hours. Additionally, a mechanism would have to be created to distinguish orders that were ship from stock immediately verses those that are back ordered.

We operate vacation rentals and we collect when booked or well in advance of the season commencement. It is nearly impossible to re-rent a cancellation once in the season. We utilize listing agents such as VRBO and AirBnB, they also charge upon booking---often a year in advance.

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
Just goes to prove that I'm getting older and the memory is fading...:laugh:
Perhaps you were thinking of Artillian, they did change ownership a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,896 Posts
I have ordered two Piranha tooth bars from BXpanded, one only a couple years ago. They shipped pretty quick.

Tell me up front, it is gonna be X weeks for delivery and we are going to bill you at the time of order, then I can make a decision that I am satisfied with.

I agree with the communication frustration and I hope they fix that. They are a good company and there is no reason for the bad press for something that would be so easy to fix.

I'm also hoping they make a ripper that will fit my 375A......:munch: Which reminds me I haven't looked lately.....:hide:
Ahhhhh,, yes,, Amazon has ruined us all,,,

I don't do Amazon.

Vendors like KBOH's, R2, and the original Artillian when Chris owned it set a very good business standard. When Curtis purchased Artillian they had a rough time living up to the standards that Chris had built.

While I have never purchased anything from Everything Attachments I understand they are pretty good with customer communication as well.

When ordering stuff like this I prefer to call instead of ordering online and I have learned to ask questions before giving them my order. When they answer the basic questions without me asking I get the impression that they are a notch above the average.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
2. Even large corporations practice "just in time" supply. Despite today's cheap money, it is still a cost and profit margin are not what they use to be.
Maybe so, I'm not up on such practices. But, that also describes so many small businesses that you hear about where the owner had tons of orders, all prepaid, and shuttered their business overnight and disappeared. Such practices do not inspire confidence in our economic system. I would love to know what large corporations you are talking about, care to share some examples?

And I'd expect something like Airbnb to operate very differently than a business that manufactures something. It's not an apples to apples comparison by any means. At least houses exist before someone rents them. If they were renting houses that were just planned to be built by the time I'm taking my vacation, that may be a more apt comparison.

·
Administrator
17,263 Posts
I know the way our order system (through PayPal) works is that the order is paid for before I even get he confirmation email. There is no way for us to receive the order and charge the customer later.

So, much to the dismay of some, if we are out of stock of an item, we simply remove the buttons from the website so they can't be ordered.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I would love to know what large corporations you are talking about, care to share some examples?
When I worked doing depot level maintenance at Robins AFB, they started using the "Just in time supply chain" concept for spare parts. This was in the 90's. The bean counters don't want you to have a lot of spare parts on hand not being used right away. It looks good on paper but in practice it's a delicate balance. One delay hoses the whole supply chain. It stayed hosed up more than it worked. :nunu: Then you get behind on production headed for the field. The war fighter needs it yesterday. Then the IG's show up to see what the hold ups are. :flag_of_truce::hide:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,196 Posts
Perhaps you were thinking of Artillian, they did change ownership a few years ago.
Yeppers, that's the one. One thing about my memory, I remember that you took over making seat springs that psrumors used to sell. Probably improved them too. See that's the thing, you and some companies communicate and some don't. The "some don't" tend to get bad press. The some of us that live on a fixed income and save for stuff we need like to know our money is doing something besides making the order after it's ordered. I know I'd like to know when my money is going to send my order. Then you have the companies that go the extra mile and even refund monies for shipping that you've over paid, like yours. That is what makes a big difference. Communication is a blessing! That being said, let me just say "Thank you" for how and what you do for us. You make it a pleasure doing business with you. I'm not saying this to get a shirt, I'm saying it because it's a fact.

Besides I like the stickers, they are still where I put them on the tractor and bucket. Not a one is in the dirty wash, although they are dirty. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
When to charge

It is pretty common now days for a merchant to process the charge upon receipt of the order.

1. It establishes you are a committed buyer and will not cancel the order when notified of the charge.

3. It is less paperwork processing time and it establishes a single procedure for order intake. Having to double back and process the charge upon shipment adds paperwork and processing man hours. Additionally, a mechanism would have to be created to distinguish orders that were ship from stock immediately verses those that are back ordered.

We operate vacation rentals and we collect when booked or well in advance of the season commencement. It is nearly impossible to re-rent a cancellation once in the season. We utilize listing agents such as VRBO and AirBnB, they also charge upon booking---often a year in advance.
Our set up is the charge is submitted to the clearing house immediately but no actually billed until the order is fulfilled, if that makes sense. In my inexpert understanding of the process, it's similar to a gas pump putting a hold on your card but charging only the amount you actually purchase. The first step validates the card while the actual charge is done upon fulfillment of the order.

In our case, it's a minimal delay as most orders are shipped the same day so the buyer never knows the difference. Back orders are not charged until they ship so we aren't playing with our customers money. It's all part of the same system so while the staff has to check for backorder fulfillment, there's no issue with billing.

For rentals, I"m pretty sure my wife's card gets hit upon acceptance of the contract with the balance due X days before we arrive. She makes those arrangements so I can't swear to it. I just see the credit card payments from the bank and don't look at her card statements so I can't say for sure that's what happens.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Got my thumb yesterday. Was like a kid in a candy store unpacking it. Get it all unpacked and check it out and this is what I see. Now I KNOW that this has nothing to do with the function of the device. I get it. But after the initial bitter experience and then getting one that looks like a third grader applied the decal and then touched it up with a sharpie is just not right. I am not going to be the guy that demands a new one over something like this... but it is just really crappy and will make me think twice about dealing with them again in the future even if they do have good products. It would be like buying a new RAM truck and they spray paint the RAM logo on the tailgate. C'mon man. If you can't apply your own company decal properly, if you can't QA your product before it leaves the factory then what other corners are being cut. I know i will get blasted because its just a sticker. But its the point of have freaking pride in your work. To the guy that applied this decal and eff'ed it up, do what you have to do to remove it and reapply a new one before you say your job is complete. I take great pride in my stuff. I take great care of it. And this looks like some knock off Guchi bag. My disappointment remains in this company despite having good products.

Perhaps if I get out there and start on the job that is a month overdue I will feel better. :unknown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Got my thumb yesterday. Was like a kid in a candy store unpacking it. Get it all unpacked and check it out and this is what I see. Now I KNOW that this has nothing to do with the function of the device. I get it. But after the initial bitter experience and then getting one that looks like a third grader applied the decal and then touched it up with a sharpie is just not right. I am not going to be the guy that demands a new one over something like this... but it is just really crappy and will make me think twice about dealing with them again in the future even if they do have good products. It would be like buying a new RAM truck and they spray paint the RAM logo on the tailgate. C'mon man. If you can't apply your own company decal properly, if you can't QA your product before it leaves the factory then what other corners are being cut. I know i will get blasted because its just a sticker. But its the point of have freaking pride in your work. To the guy that applied this decal and eff'ed it up, do what you have to do to remove it and reapply a new one before you say your job is complete. I take great pride in my stuff. I take great care of it. And this looks like some knock off Guchi bag. My disappointment remains in this company despite having good products.

Perhaps if I get out there and start on the job that is a month overdue I will feel better. :unknown:
That is sad. That decal should have been thrown away. Very amateurish.

In addition and I know it doesn't matter, I would think the decal is upside down. Sure it looks ok when in the box but it's upside down when it's mounted and used.

·
Registered
928 Posts

Not implying that BXpanded is on the same level as Titan Distributors, but your observation reminded me of a recent purchase from them.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
The time has come to pass when we have to witness millennials versions of putting an effort into their jobs. I’m sure their answer is how crazy busy they are and has to break a sweat in between their 4 breaks a day. Like the plastic tube manual holder AND manual were clearly busted off, and missing on my blade. The nicks on my front loader ram I asked about. They said it was common during shipping. And then my imatch was missing. After all my scrutiny the driver was clearly off balance when I asked him if he couldn’t open the hood so I could inspect the motor, he would be loading it back up. Sorry this clearly is not on topic being a different company but it’s the level of costumer service we have these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
These posts are right on the money. America must look up the words, Quality, Pride, and Craftsmanship. Nothing less should be excepted. Good enough ,Ship it just does not cut it when you consider the wait and the price. No one mentioned that they bought seconds or clearance items. Thank God for companies like Ken’s Bolt on. Aside from a well designed quality product. He actually sends you a refund on shipping, if it costs less to ship. Oh and did I mention you don’t have to ask for it or wait for it.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Although I can sort of understand the point regarding the decals, if all goes well they will either be covered in dirt or half torn off in no time anyway. I bought the bxpanded ripper tooth, which came with a big bxpanded decal on each side. After one use, the decals on each side were pretty much toast. I just peeled off the remaining and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Although I can sort of understand the point regarding the decals, if all goes well they will either be covered in dirt or half torn off in no time anyway. I bought the bxpanded ripper tooth, which came with a big bxpanded decal on each side. After one use, the decals on each side were pretty much toast. I just peeled off the remaining and never looked back.
Agreed. Same with my BX trencher bucket.

Oooh...look at them there purdy decals. Let's put this bucket and ripper to use and them decals will be laying in the trench (and they were). :laugh:

21 - 40 of 58 Posts