Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Agreed. Same with my BX trencher bucket.

Oooh...look at them there purdy decals. Let's put this bucket and ripper to use and them decals will be laying in the trench (and they were). :laugh:
The decals in themselves mean nothing other than a potential representation of the attention to detail and pride in workmanship that that particular company has.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also disappointed in Bxpanded

I purchased a BXpanded tooth bar and then later find out there is a 4 to 5 week lead time. I placed the order and my CC was also charged. I needed the tooth bar for a project and that’s when I discovered the long lead time. I canceled the order and then I ended purchasing HH tooth bar, even though it was more $$$. I received it within 5 days and the communication was great.

I also agree they should stock up for the season and plan according. They should not charge until item is shipped or ready for shipment. They should also apply the decals properly and take pride in their product, unless they don’t care. If i had received the order in that shape i would have complained and expected some kind of credit or return of product. My money does not grow on trees, so i expect a certain quality on investment.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I purchased a BXpanded tooth bar and then later find out there is a 4 to 5 week lead time. I placed the order and my CC was also charged. I needed the tooth bar for a project and that’s when I discovered the long lead time. I canceled the order and then I ended purchasing HH tooth bar, even though it was more $$$. I received it within 5 days and the communication was great.

I also agree they should stock up for the season and plan according. They should not charge until item is shipped or ready for shipment. They should also apply the decals properly and take pride in their product, unless they don’t care. If i had received the order in that shape i would have complained and expected some kind of credit or return of product. My money does not grow on trees, so i expect a certain quality on investment.
I don't understand the bolded above. I order tons of things online, from Amazon, Home Depot, and various other retailers. Every single thing I have ordered, and I mean everything, I am charged for when I place the order. Every time. Does the item ship instantly? Never, not once. It can be later same day, or within the next few days. Regardless of when the item ships, I have already been charged for, and have paid for that item when I placed the order.

I do understand the point about communication. bxpanded should be alerting buyers of potential delays.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Also disappointed in Bxpanded

The bold was a mistake, it did not show when I typed the message.

Like you said most places charge when you place an order, unless it is something that is not going to ship for seversl weeks they will delay charging. In fact some online retailers even put a notice on site that states: "will not be charged until item ships".

·
Registered
927 Posts
The bold was a mistake, it did not show when I typed the message.

Like you said most places charge when you place an order, unless it is something that is not going to ship for seversl weeks they will delay charging. In fact some online retailers even put a notice on site that states: "will not be charged until item ships".
Just to let you know, the I made the font bold in the quote to highlight the part that I was disagreeing with. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So I emailed the company and sent them the same photo I posted here. I sent the email on Sunday. I expressed that I was simply disappointed in the entire process with their company and the seemingly lack of care to the customer. I did not demand anything. I simply asked them if they truly thought the product that was sent to me was acceptable and how the entire sales process was handled.

Crickets!

They completely ignored me. Not even an email saying oh sorry you are disappointed we will take your concerns to heart and learn from them. NOTHING. This just completely solidifies my opinion of them. I am so glad I decided to get my tooth bar from Heavy Hitch instead. I was considering getting the Piranha toothbar from bxpanded but after my initial purchase issue I called Heavy Hitch and they were super great on the phone. And surprisingly, being in the metal fabrication business, they had the toothbar IN STOCK and it shipped the next day.

Just one man's experience... take the info and do what you will.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hate to jump in, but, I was looking into a tooth bar and wound up here.
I've read several comments about this Vendor not keeping up with production, or communication with customers who have ordered.

My question is, if they are a Sponsor / Vendor here, why have they not responded on this Forum to set things straight? Or have they, and I ain't seen it?

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I've read several comments about this Vendor not keeping up with production, or communication with customers who have ordered.

My question is, if they are a Sponsor / Vendor here, why have they not responded on this Forum to set things straight? Or have they, and I ain't seen it?
I ordered a trenching bucket on 7/14.
Got a shipping notice email yesterday on 7/30.
I was more than fine waiting. They aren't Amazon.
:dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts

That I know of they haven't responded to any of the comments on the forum.

I have their tooth bar and like it.

If you are thinking about ordering one, I would suggest calling them to see what the availability is.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
if yer gonna quote me, answer my question.
What are you asking?
Are they gonna call you or answer an email? Maybe not according to some folks here.
Are you gonna get what you order? I got FedEx email today for bucket. Did I miss where someone didn’t get what they ordered and weren’t refunded?
Or is it they weren’t as fast to ship as they were in past.

·
Registered
366 Posts
HEY !!! I don't see the problem with BXpanded.....yet. :laugh:

I just picked up my telephone and called them. Was on hold less than two minutes.
Placed my order with very friendly, respectful South African feller named Howard.
Howard took my info and I received an order confirmation email while still on the telephone with him. He said the ship date is ~ 3 weeks.

See there, I knew better than to believe everything I read on the inter web. :tongue:
I should've asked why they don't partake much in this forum, but I didn't.....

I'll report back when and if I actually receive the tooth bar. :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Piranah Bar 60"

I am impressed with BXpander's service. Placed order online a little over 4 weeks ago. Saw some concerns about CS here at the forum so sent an email to CS Friday afternoon and received a response following Monday. They stated their ship estimate at that time was 4 weeks. Mine shipped 4 weeks to the day and Fedex delivered a couple of days ago.

Jack
3032e D160 loader 2015

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered the backhoe thumb last spring and when I got the box it had 2 areas that were worn through where the shipping company must have been sliding the box around instead of picking it up. It wore off the paint in a couple of areas but I thought no big deal since I'll probably do more damage when I start picking up rocks with it. I emailed the company and sent pictures of the packaging just to let them know and said you might want to throw some extra bubble wrap or something in that area. I wasn't looking for anything in return just simply wanted to give them a heads up. Well, a few days later I got a package from them with a quart of John Deere green paint. I have to say I have no complaints with their products or service. I have the 260B thumb, quick connect, ripper, trenching bucket and Piranha tooth bar. All VERY well made and perfect fits.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
So this thread has gotten a bit off topic here and there so as the OP let me summarize my purpose for the post and after having used the thumb I did finally receive I will give my two cents on that.

Let me first start off by saying I have ZERO problem with the quality of the physical mechanical thumb I received. I was pissed after the lack of communication that it arrived with the decal all jacked up. But as someone else eluded to, after one use I can't really see the decal anymore anyway. My point with even sharing about the decal was that after having a sour experience, I simply notified them that it came like that and they didn't even have the decency to reply.

My issue with this is not in the craftsmanship (fabrication/welding), it was in the lack of transparency to the customer PRE order that shipping would take possibly 3-4 weeks. And then when calling to inquire about it, I was made to feel as though I was ignorant for not knowing the "industry" and that metal fabrication takes time. The QC could use a bit of a kick in the rear too since they allowed the jacked up decal to pass and be shipped.

I have been using my thumb for a few weeks and completely love it. I am really glad I got the thumb I did because I wanted one that mounted in the factory holes and didn't look like an addon. I highly recommend the thumb, its worth its weight in gold for the increase in functionality you get.

My issue that remains, is simply that there was no warning on the site pre order that stated the 3-4 week lead time. Others in the fabrication business clearly state lead times without issue. KBOH and HH to name a few. I was perfectlly happy to wait 3-4 weeks for KBOH when I ordered because I was told up front. And oddly enough, heavy hitch being in the same metal fabrication business as bxpanded was able to ship out my tooth bar I think within a day or so.

Everyone has good/bad experiences with places. Take a restaurant were you feel you get the worst server and the next customer says it was the best place ever. Take all factors into account. What I say isn't gospel, just my personal experience. I am not trying to trash anyone nor do I have an agenda. I was simply disappointed in my treatment as a customer in totality when it came to dealing with this company.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts