Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some assistance in locating a part number, etc. for a Discharge or Mulch Cover for a Z425 mower. (48" deck) I put a set of Gator Mulching Blades on this mower and in doing so had to remove the JD plastic mulching peice that covers the discharge and runs in the deck as the Gator Blades hit it but want to cover the discharge to better mulch. I picked up a 48" Mulch Cover from JD (part GY20417) but it wouldn't work with this model.

Thanks much.

·
Administrator
20,168 Posts
Welcome Wildcat!

:wgtt:

I'm a little confused. Do you want the stock grass discharge deflector, a mulching blocking plate, or a different blocking plate? JDParts has the stock deflector listed as "chute", item # 4, p/n TCA16388. Keeping it Green has it listed for $53.04

MP38623________UN11OCT06.jpg

·
Administrator
20,168 Posts
I couldn't find a listing for the mulching kit. :unknown: Have you talked to your local JD parts department?

·
Super Moderator
2,691 Posts
It looks like Jason has done the parts research here, so I won't duplicate it. I also agree with him with checking with your dealer. One thing you can do is make your own mulch plate to cover the discharge area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wildcat,

The mulching kit uses the M131094 insert to block the discharge chute. There is no plate available to block the discharge to get the mulching effect. I have a 48C deck that also used the plastic insert. Gator blades destroyed it and I now just use the normal side discharge. If you just block the discharge, I think you will get a trail of grass. The insert forces the blades to lift and grind the clippings. Without it the blades will tend to push the clippings against the discharge plate.

Just my guess.

GotDeeres

1 - 6 of 6 Posts