Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like nature has run her course, again.
Over my lifetime, I've had numerous broken bones, fractures, sprains, kidney stones, 17 broken bones in one car wreck that left me in a body cast for 9 1/2 mos., pilot crashed us on the deck of the Sarratoga in the mid-70's (mechanical failure / collapsed right landing gear), had to learn all over again the simplest things like crawling, walking......going through asbestosis now, and they cant even give me an expiration date, bad arthritis from all the broke bones. Yep, you name it and I probably "been there, done that", at least once, but, I'm still here.
My brother next to me, only 57 yrs. old, dealing with the V.A. for the past 10 years, had some kind of "termite" or something in his digestive system. They removed most of his colon and hooked him up a colostomy bag. He told them before he left the hospital he still didn't feel right.
Well, here we are 2 weeks later, and I get a call that he's passed away today.
Personally, I don't use the V.A. services anymore, they worry me too much, and this is exactly why.
I always figured, being the eldest of nine, that I'd be the first one to go.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Well, looks like nature has run her course, again.
Over my lifetime, I've had numerous broken bones, fractures, sprains, kidney stones, 17 broken bones in one car wreck that left me in a body cast for 9 1/2 mos., pilot crashed us on the deck of the Sarratoga in the mid-70's (mechanical failure / collapsed right landing gear), had to learn all over again the simplest things like crawling, walking......going through asbestosis now, and they cant even give me an expiration date, bad arthritis from all the broke bones. Yep, you name it and I probably "been there, done that", at least once, but, I'm still here.
My brother next to me, only 57 yrs. old, dealing with the V.A. for the past 10 years, had some kind of "termite" or something in his digestive system. They removed most of his colon and hooked him up a colostomy bag. He told them before he left the hospital he still didn't feel right.
Well, here we are 2 weeks later, and I get a call that he's passed away today.
Personally, I don't use the V.A. services anymore, they worry me too much, and this is exactly why.
I always figured, being the eldest of nine, that I'd be the first one to go.
Sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss man. I'll pray for comfort and healing for those left behind.

God bless you and your brother for service to our great nation. I say thank you.

I hear some good stories from the V.A. and many more not so good. My brother in law was in the Air Force and was injured. V.A. did some number on him too.

Again, prayers and thank you.

isaac

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Sorry Bill, that's no fun.

Take pride in keeping us safe - both your brother and you.

Being a Canadian trained doc, I only hear about the VA system, but I certainly don't hear anything good. It's where junior residents go to "learn" - which disgusts me.

You guys and girls that served deserve the best. You laid it down for us when you were 18-35 (ish), and we owe it to you to help you out however we can.

Sorry, again.

-J.

·
Administrator
20,677 Posts
That's terrible news....I'm really sorry to hear about this. It truly saddens me to hear of any losses of our nations heros, let alone a direct family member.

I hope you and your family can find peace in this difficult time.

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
So sorry for your loss. My dad goes to the V.A for a lot of his medical care even though he still works. This type of news scares me that he goes there.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and you family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,044 Posts
Bill,

I'm awfully sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. My thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family .

Frank

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Oh man, so sorry to hear that. You and your family are in my prayers.

Sincerely,
JohnH123

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
Condolences and prayers go out to you and your family Bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers going out for the entire family.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
So sorry for your loss Bill. Sad news for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
Sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family are in our prayers.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sorry for your loss Bill, we will keep you and your family in our prayers

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Deepest sympathy for you and your family.

It might give some comfort, if they discovered what he actually had wrong. Bad enough to lose someone you love, but the not knowing "why" can add to the grief.

Prayers for you, during this difficult time.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
Sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
So sorry to hear about your brother, Bill. I do hope in the very near future the VA issues can be addressed properly. Veteran affairs seems to have been a failure of this country since the Revolution. I thank you for your service and am thankful for your brother's service as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts