Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ditch probably hasn’t been cleaned ina decade. Like that when I bought the house. Took my rear blade, slanted it as much as I could, and drove up the ditch. Just have to shovel out the loose stuff now. The new Top N Tilt makes this much much easier now.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,495 Posts
This ditch probably hasn’t been cleaned ina decade. Like that when I bought the house. Took my rear blade, slanted it as much as I could, and drove up the ditch. Just have to shovel out the loose stuff now. The new Top N Tilt makes this much much easier now.
Pretty cool, but be honest, you really just wanted to play with your top n tilt

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guilty as charged, your honor. Have mercy on me.:hide:

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Nice job Yank.:good2:

Now I'm as guilty of this as anyone, too anal retentive I guess, but any chance you could use the FEL to clean up the dirt instead of using a shovel? I don't have a nice green BH for my tractor, but I do have a selection of manual BH's with sturdy wooden handles. For me, sometimes the manual BH is the quickest and easiest way to make everything "perfect".:banghead::lol:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Now I'm as guilty of this as anyone, too anal retentive I guess, but any chance you could use the FEL to clean up the dirt instead of using a shovel? I don't have a nice green BH for my tractor, but I do have a selection of manual BH's with sturdy wooden handles. For me, sometimes the manual BH is the quickest and easiest way to make everything "perfect".:banghead::lol:
If I was really good with my bucket, I probably could. But, I don’t want to scoop away too much of my gravel. And it’s good exercises, been cooped up all winter, feels good to get outside and use yours hands.

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
If I was really good with my bucket, I probably could. But, I don’t want to scoop away too much of my gravel. And it’s good exercises, been cooped up all winter, feels good to get outside and use yours hands.

Nothing wrong with that:bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,404 Posts

Yup, sure thing, me and you are both perfectionist, that's why we use the dang shovels instead of a BH. :banghead:

:lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts
Yup, sure thing, me and you are both perfectionist, that's why we use the dang shovels instead of a BH. :banghead:

It sounds good anyways!

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Yank-nothing more i can say -except this:bigthumb::laugh:

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
Pretty cool, but be honest, you really just wanted to play with your top n tilt
I am thinking the same thing.

There is nothing quick about a manual backhoe.

You can use your hands on the controls of a backhoe....and not get blisters!

Nothing wrong with that:bigthumb:
Unless you have a backhoe!

Spoken like someone with out a backhoe.

It sounds good anyways!
Even you know it is bull crap.

Nice job Yank. Some would manually angle a rear blade to do that work. You got to use hydraulics. :bigthumb:

Second pass, put the road side dirt back in the ditch.

Third pass, pull the road side dirt back out of the ditch on the yard side.

Forth pass, spread the dirt out across the yard side.

You have the hydraulics. Use the power man!

Laeve the manual backhoes to the swamp dwellers and dirt measures. :laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,236 Posts

Nice job Yank. Some would manually angle a rear blade to do that work. You got to use hydraulics. :bigthumb:

Boy the swamp dwellers and dirt measurers sure "got dragged through the dirt" on that post.:laugh::flag_of_truce::banghead:

Good thinking on ways to maximize the use of the tractor
:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts

RTGT-only one thing i see with spreading dirt out in the yard like that is...........if it doesn't make any roots till a rain storm comes along, is it's gonna end up back in the ditch again---:banghead: oh-wait i get it now--more seat time again-right:mocking: maybe i like ur way of thinking.:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts