Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new grapple looking at the 55' wicked root from everything attachments. I have a 1026R with the H120 loader and a 260 backhoe. After reading countless posts on here I have narrowed it down to two different diverter kits either the WR Long or the Artillian, my question is which kit is the easiest to install also which one comes with ALL the necessary hydraulics to attach to the 55' wicked grapple. I just want to make sure when I order I get everything I need to install and use the same day. I live in Ontario Canada and getting these thing from the US is a bit of a pain in the butt, so just want to make sure I get everything I need in one order. For those of you in the US you should count yourselves very lucky you have access to the best stuff and most of the time your delivery is free for us Canadians not so easy. I have seen TTWT videos on the install of the Artillian looks fairly straight forward I may even be able to do that myself lol but haven't seen any on the WR Long. Anyways any help with this would greatly be appreciated thanks in advance Rick....

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I have the Artillian kit and can't speak to the WR Long kit. That said, the Artillian kit comes with everything needed to install and put it into use. Mine took me a little over an hour to install.

Will you be able to use your grapple the same day? You can if your grapple has the correct connectors on the ends of the hoses. That's not some thing that either Artillian or WR Long can control.

The Artillian diverter comes with a block that mounts just behind where your bucket would be. That box has 2 female
1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" Type connectors. (The same size/type as your Mid-SCV).

According to the EA website, the grapple comes with either 3/8" or 1/2" connectors. If that's true then you'll need 2 male 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" Type connectors or adapters to get you from their connectors to what you need.

·
Administrator
17,290 Posts
Artillian kit wil most complete and LOOK better, it mounts inside rather than on top of the loader. You will however need two adapters and two 1/4" couplers, for some reason EA can't/won't supply them, or you can order it without hoses and we can help with custom made ones rather than the "one size fits most" 3/8" ones that they supply.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I rembered reading that EA hoses were a different size thanks for the heads up gentlmen. I have a hydraulic place close to my house I'm sure they could set me up with the correct fitting size I just needed to know what to ask for now I do. Thanks again for the replies this place is a wealth of knowledge, also makes me want to spend more money then I should on implements Lmao

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Hello all I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new grapple looking at the 55' wicked root from everything attachments. I live in Ontario Canada and getting these thing from the US is a bit of a pain in the butt, so just want to make sure I get everything I need in one order. For those of you in the US you should count yourselves very lucky you have access to the best stuff and most of the time your delivery is free for us Canadians not so easy.
I'm also in Canada and was looking into their attachments. Just out of curiosity what are they nicking you for in shipping charges for your grapple.?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I have the Artillian set up as well. It came with everything needed. Great system, never had problem one with it. Can't speak for other brand.
Only thing i would suggest is figuring out what type of power source you would want.
I opted for the plug in 12v type because the 1025R has the female receptacle plug near the storage bin.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its $250 US delivery $90 CAD brokerage tax about $400 CAD no duty cause it's made in the US. So all in CAD price is about $4700 DD delivered to your door. That's with their diverter kit a little cheaper for Artillian's.

·
Administrator
17,290 Posts
I found some pics of the WR Long diverter setup, this is how it mounts:

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts