Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in a couple of other threads, the Hydraulic Diverter Valve Kits are now available on the Artillian website. The most popular loaders are currently supported but more will be added as they become available.

For tractors with an auxiliary power socket (cigarette lighter plug to some of us), some Diverter Kits are available pre-wired with a power plug for those who don't want to deal with wiring any more than necessary. The same kits are available with bare wire leads for those who have their own preferences on supplying the 12VDC power (4 amps). For the tractors without an aux power socket this is the only option for the time being.

These Diverter Valve Kits have been developed for the Artillian Grapple and Plow Adapter projects, but are equally useful for anything requiring a momentary third hydraulic circuit on the loader.

Check them out at Artillian 54 Plow Products

And for anyone interested in using these valves for other hydraulics applications, please look up Ken at Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks, the go-to guy for all things hydraulic.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Would love to see a few more pictures.
The switch. Where diverted mounts and the hoses location (what factory hoses need to be changed). On a one series would be best.

I would if course be happy to send the pics if you send me a kit for testing. :lol:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would love to see a few more pictures.
The switch. Where diverted mounts and the hoses location (what factory hoses need to be changed). On a one series would be best.

I would if course be happy to send the pics if you send me a kit for testing. :lol:
The switch on the joystick is shown on the website.

The diverter mounts on the loader mast, as shown on the website.

Installation involves removing the two loader curl cylinder hoses and replacing them with this diverter system. All hoses and wiring run inside of the hose guard (webbing). The finished installation looks like it was put there by Deere, which was the goal from the beginning.

Better pictures are certainly coming. Most images right now are prototypical. There hasn't been the chance (or all parts on hand at the same time) to reconfigure and document. But I understand this is important! Sorry for the mystery. Everything involved is getting worked as quickly as possible.

It's Saturday! :laugh:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The switch on the joystick is shown on the website.

The diverter mounts on the loader mast, as shown on the website.

Installation involves removing the two loader curl cylinder hoses and replacing them with this diverter system. All hoses and wiring run inside of the hose guard (webbing). The finished installation looks like it was put there by Deere, which was the goal from the beginning.

Better pictures are certainly coming. Most images right now are prototypical. There hasn't been the chance (or all parts on hand at the same time) to reconfigure and document. But I understand this is important! Sorry for the mystery. Everything involved is getting worked as quickly as possible.

It's Saturday! :laugh:
If I were you I'd be working all the overtime I could:thumbup1gif: Just think of the things you can do with all of the overtime money for working Saturdays and holidays :laugh::laugh::laugh: slkpk

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
If I were you I'd be working all the overtime I could:thumbup1gif: Just think of the things you can do with all of the overtime money for working Saturdays and holidays :laugh::laugh::laugh: slkpk
I think Chris should take off all holidays and weekends. The more stuff he comes out with, the more stuff I want and I don't have a tractor to mount it on yet.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are much smarter paths to make money, such as the one given up to do this. Money didn't buy me happiness. This does! :dunno: :crazy: :hi:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Not to add to your list of things but a video walk through of the kit may prove to be useful. Just going through and showing each piece of the kit and explaining what it does may go a long way in selling kits and helping people install them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So the option to plug into a 12v outlet, where abouts is this wire long enough to reach? I had some time this evening so tore apart the dash to add an outlet. After I get it tore apart I stopped to think I had read others were located on right side by cup holder. My cup holder(2305) is located on the left side. Go figure.

Thanks for any input

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
So the option to plug into a 12v outlet, where abouts is this wire long enough to reach? I had some time this evening so tore apart the dash to add an outlet. After I get it tore apart I stopped to think I had read others were located on right side by cup holder. My cup holder(2305) is located on the left side. Go figure.

Thanks for any input
4V (and others): Chris and I are just getting the kits in stock, so that is why info is less than forthcoming at the moment. A video is a great idea and I am sure it will be done soon.

Here are some pics that may help in the mean time to answer a few of the many questions. These are of the "valve only" kit I will be selling, Chris's kit is the same but has the hoses and extra's. A few small details may change as we work the bugs out (in fact I just noticed one small detail to change already as I was adding in pictures!).

Switch Harness:
DValve-Switch Harness (Large).JPG
The Red/Black wires are the power feed, so you pretty much have 60" from the base of the joystick to find power (about 4 amps max)

Y Cable:
DValve-Y Cable (Large).jpg
This connects to the two solenoids on the DValve body. The end that has the dust plug is where you will break the connection to remove the loader.

Extension Cable:
DValve-Extension Cable (Large).JPG
Connects between the switch harness and the Y cable.

The basic kit:
DValve-Everything (Large).JPG

Close up of the DValve body:
DValve-Front Bottom (Large).jpg

Close up of the switch:
DValve-Switch 1 (Large).jpg

I hope this helps a little, and not just add to the

·
Registered
768 Posts
Chris - Some questions just to help me develop a mental picture (since I don't have any FEL mounted implements (yet) other than the actual FEL...

(1) How does a front mounted implement like the 54 plow connect hydraulically once the FEL is removed? Does Deere supply the hydraulic hoses to raise/lower and angle the plow?
(2) The extension hoses that you have available, would those be used in conjunction with the hoses that would come with the 54 plow from Deere?

(3) When going the Diverter route, where does the DV actually mount?
(4) If the answer to number 1 is yes (Deere supplies hydraulic hoses), are those hoses routed through the factory hydraulic line sock with the quick disconnects hanging out somewhere up front by the bucket when in use and when not in use?

Thanks!

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris - Some questions just to help me develop a mental picture (since I don't have any FEL mounted implements (yet) other than the actual FEL...

(1) How does a front mounted implement like the 54 plow connect hydraulically once the FEL is removed? Does Deere supply the hydraulic hoses to raise/lower and angle the plow?
(2) The extension hoses that you have available, would those be used in conjunction with the hoses that would come with the 54 plow from Deere?

(3) When going the Diverter route, where does the DV actually mount?
(4) If the answer to number 1 is yes (Deere supplies hydraulic hoses), are those hoses routed through the factory hydraulic line sock with the quick disconnects hanging out somewhere up front by the bucket when in use and when not in use?

Thanks!
Hi GM,

1) Yes, of course! Deere already makes a complete setup to mount the 54 plow to the front of your tractor frame using a hitch mechanism that provides lift and angling. The hoses that come with the hitch are made to reach back to the tractor QD manifold (where the loader hoses plug in to the tractor) Thus, there are a variety of kits each for different tractors. If you peruse the Deere website, you'll see it all. Here's one page.

Front Quik-Tatch hitch

2) The extension hoses are designed to be a minimalistic solution. They are long enough to go from the tractor QD manifold, along the loader arms, far enough for the plow hoses to reach comfortably. Therefore, yes, the Deere hoses are needed to connect to the Artillian extension hoses. If the Artillian extension hoses were made long enough to reach the plow, people would have to unscrew fittings and so forth and also the hoses would be more expensive due to length.

3) The diverter valve mounts on the loader mast. The location is shown on the Artillian website.

4) The Extension hoses follow the other hoses, yes. Hook and loop straps are provided to secure the hose ends in place.

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Nice job Chris, the labeling and pre-assembly you've done will make installation a breeze for anybody. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's momentary from what the write-up says.

Exactly how does a momentary switch work when connected to a hydraulic system?

·
Premium Member
12,142 Posts
It would divert fluid only while you hold in the button. So moving the joystick left-right operates the curl normally, if you hold in the button and move the joystick left-right you would operate the 3rd function like grapple open-close, etc.

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
It's momentary from what the write-up says.

Yes, momentary.

Just to be clear, the switch is connected to the diverter valve that is connected to the hydraulic system (no I am not going to sing it for you:laugh:). As jgayman wrote below, only when the switch is pressed (closed) the fluid is "diverted" to the new circuit.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thanks guys.

Is the switch truly a hold and release or does it hold it's position until switched back?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts