Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Summit Diverter Valve and checking for good locations to install it. I messaged Summit to check on orientation of Solenoid. It can be positioned any way I want, which I thought. Design time begins. I figured I would make a mount from wood to make a design. Anyone have pictures of their install?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this.

What Kit did you get from summit..?
Part #

I was just cruiseing their site looking for something for my 955.

Mine has PB already....so I was leaning towards something that could plug into that.

Are you just plumbing in to the curl lines for your set up.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to seeing this.

What Kit did you get from summit..?
Part #

I was just cruiseing their site looking for something for my 955.

Mine has PB already....so I was leaning towards something that could plug into that.

Are you just plumbing in to the curl lines for your set up.?
I got the DV50 kit. I will need to get the hoses and probably some fittings. Summit recommended this kit for that reason. Joy stick knob is attached by an internal clip. Had to thread the shaft and heat it to get it in a good position to operate. Pain in the butt and elsewhere. I do plan to use the curl/dump lines. I will probably use old garden or air hose to measure. I may do the smart thing and hire someone.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I installed a summit kit on my 120R loader, I don't know if that is helpful to you or not but here goes anyway. I've attached two photos the one on the left is the original install using the hoses provided by Summit and the one on right is the finished job with custom made hoses and some elbows to cut down on the spaghetti. I think you were smart to get the diverter valve without hoses.
Tire Green Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing what a couple of elbows will make. I hope mine will look that good. My diverter will be somewhere on the left side because my quick disconnects are located under the left step.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the electrical done and the light works! I finally decided on a place to mount the Diverter Valve and made a bracket. Happy so far except I ordered the 20ft solenoid cord instead of the 10ft one. No big deal though
Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Hood
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I finished mounting my valve and I got my Grapple today. The way I positioned my valve I am in hopes I can use the original quick connect hoses, curl/dump and connect directly to incoming side of valve. There appears to be plenty of slack, but I don't know if the male hose fitting will connect to my 90 deg fittings I got from Summit. Hopefully someone here can tell me or I have to go to the JD dealer. I got brave and removed the top hose and it isn't close. Those fittings have O rings and are much smaller in diameter. I think I will head to either NAPA, hydraulic shop, or JD dealer.
Automotive tire Green Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Grass Bumper

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Looking good.

Now the work begins or does it....................?

70A is a pin on Bucket

So that claw laying on the ground........Whats the plan to get that on the loader Frame?

You adding a ssqa plate or homebrewing a jdqa..??

or did grapple come ready to pin on???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looking good.

Now the work begins or does it....................?

70A is a pin on Bucket

So that claw laying on the ground........Whats the plan to get that on the loader Frame?

You adding a ssqa plate or homebrewing a jdqa..??

or did grapple come ready to pin on???
I got this on the way. Universal Skid Steer.
They are specifically made for the 70A. Should be here in a few days. It comes with new pins too.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Bumper Bicycle frame

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Who makes that plate?
Last time I looked there was nothing avl.

My kid found some guy on FB that was supposed to start making a plate ?? for the JDQA but nothing ever became of that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I tried to message the guy on facebook, but no response. I found this one on ebay, I made contact with him to see if he made one with the JDQA. He said he did not make them with JDQA. When I get it attached and checked out I will let you know. I don't want to give out the info until I make sure it is worth what I paid.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Keep us updated.

Your doing what I've wanted too for 10 years.

Found this kit but good lord....$1200.oo........https://asktractormike.com/product/john-deere-70-70a-front-end-loader-pin-on-to-skid-steer-quick-attach-conversion/

Also found this for JDQA...its $850 ish....idk what 300/400 attatchments means..??
ADAPTER, DEERE 70, 70A LOADER TO 300, 400 ATTACHMENTS

Deere 70 & 70A Loader Adapter

ADAPTER, DEERE 70, 70A LOADER TO 300, 400 ATTACHMENTS

Lastly I found this one on Ebay

All the other sources seem to have petered out.
Artillian made mention of a kit in 2017 but I can't find squat on their site.....its worse now than years ago...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I had 6 new lines made at the hydraulic shop today for a meer $325.😭 I got it all connected and was going to check for leaks and operation. I don't have any power. I have had it running since I did the valve install including the wiring. The battery seems to be fully charged. I will need to get a meter. I think my switch has gone bad. The lights don't come on either. Ain't nothin but 💰. I still need to tie the lines up some.
Crankset Bicycle wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Check battery term and ground.
Then the hot stud on starter...that feeds power to the rest of tractor.

A short wire from hot stud on starter to Where the small wire connects on bottom of starter ( diss connect small wire from term).

This will turn it over...key in "on" position it should start.

This is assuming your battery didn't die.

Been down this road many times with the "other" 955.......it had some glitch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got my Skid Steer conversion today. It looks good and is well built. As soon as I get my tractor going I will install it and give a better opinion. As of now I am happy.
Automotive tire Road surface Bumper Plant Asphalt
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades Road surface
Green Motor vehicle Asphalt Wood Mode of transport

1 - 16 of 16 Posts