Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I placed an order for my diverter valve yesterday in hopes to have enough money to get grapples by November. Still on the fence about getting Artillian grapples or the CTA. grapple. I will also be using the diverter valve assembly for my Artillian plow setup for the FEL. This will give me back my tilt function that is much needed during plowing on the FEL.

Anyone have a video of the Artillian grapple at work? I would like to see one picking up brush, roots and or trees for wood cutting.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
I have the CTA grapple and I am very happy with it. :good2::good2:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well, I placed an order for my diverter valve yesterday in hopes to have enough money to get grapples by November. Still on the fence about getting Artillian grapples or the CTA. grapple. I will also be using the diverter valve assembly for my Artillian plow setup for the FEL. This will give me back my tilt function that is much needed during plowing on the FEL.

Anyone have a video of the Artillian grapple at work? I would like to see one picking up brush, roots and or trees for wood cutting.
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/artillian-tractor/80810-artillian-grapple-demolishing-old-swimming-pool.html

I couldn't find the demo video posted for use with trees but this gives a good idea of its power.

·
Super Moderator
5,102 Posts
Please post an update on the install of the diverter when you get to doing that! I've been looking but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Since we have the same machine I'm really interested in hearing about how well the "kit" is to install.

Thx!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please post an update on the install of the diverter when you get to doing that! I've been looking but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Since we have the same machine I'm really interested in hearing about how well the "kit" is to install.

Thx!
Will do JR. I have been hanging long enough, it has come time I need to do something to make it easier to move brush and logs for firewood cutting.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

Thx!
Might have taken me an hour-I went slow and sealed all threaded connections with KennyD's red sealer, needed to make a couple decisions to make on routing and storage of slack wiring-no mis-fitting pieces, included everything necessary. All good to go.

I use mine for my grapple and for plow angling.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stumps and Rocks
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pjSR87lM4

Demo, boulder
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYa-6yZenEQ

Do those answer your other question Billie? If not what was it? I have Artillian's diverter and grapple for my 2032R-ask away!
Yes sir it sure does. It still makes it hard to make a decision. There are pro's and con's to each one. I was able to find several videos of both the CTA and the Artillian grapple. So I have been observing both. All that have each one like the one they have. I need to make a decision on how I want to use it as this will help me make a decision. Something of this cost will be important as I do not plan on buying another one.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yes sir it sure does. It still makes it hard to make a decision. There are pro's and con's to each one. I was able to find several videos of both the CTA and the Artillian grapple. So I have been observing both. All that have each one like the one they have. I need to make a decision on how I want to use it as this will help me make a decision. Something of this cost will be important as I do not plan on buying another one.
For me the decision was clear. Artillian is more adaptable and versatile due to being modular, making them a more diverse and useful tool.

example-I had my eye on some rocks, 24-30" (800-1000#) in an area on my property that I could retrieve them from but did not want to cause a lot of damage to by doing so (wildflower field). I left the grapple centered and removed the two outside rakes, and tractored on over to them. Using the lower grapple section (that was in essence as wide as the rocks) I loosened them and picked them up and the 2032 muscled them to their new home. With a full width (48-60") grapple bed could I have picked up the rocks? Probably, depends on how strong the clamping forces are and how much and how stable a 'bite' I cold get with a full width lid. Would I have done a lot more turf damage grabbing them and trying to get that 'bite' with a 48-60" lower section? Definitely! Did I want a lot of cleanup and replanting of the area due to my rock removal, NO!

Would an EA, CTA or other grapple have gotten the job done, probably-but with the Artillian it was a lot cleaner and easier because its a modular system. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Artillian diverter valve install

Well to my surprise my Artillian diverter valve kit came yesterday. I placed the order on 10/10 and showed up 4 days later. Pretty good shipping. I don't know who packs these items in the box, but they use every inch of the box, items were neatly packed and in their own wrapping. So the install.

To be honest it took me longer to figure out where I was going to route the wire and get my 12 volts power than it did to install the whole kit. So here is the kit:

20171015_100835.jpg

The documentation is superb, each item is marked appropriately to where it hooks up. While everything is marked in the kit I do suggest you mark the two solid curl lines with yellow and black at the solid lines or remember the shorter line is yellow. Once you remove the two curl hoses your ready to get start. Then you mount the valve body.

20171015_104958.jpg

Mounting is pretty straight forward. You may need a second persons hands to mount but I was able to manage. Trying to tighten the screw and holding it in place was a bit challenging. In the above picture you can see at the top the two curl pipes with the hoses removed.

Next you will need to run the feed hoses from the valve to the quick connects. Don't worry about remembering what hose came from where. All connector are labeled clearly. You will then need to hook them up to the valve. You can see them connected in this picture.

20171015_110606.jpg

Then you will need to mount the extended quick connect to the FEL cross member. This is pretty straight forward, just make sure you route your hose so the are not pinched or on a bind. Do not tighten it yet.

20171015_112319.jpg

Next you will start hooking up your other hoses. I do suggest that you start hooking up and tightening your connectors from the bottom of the valve body moving up. This way you can get your wrench on the fittings easier. This is where your previously marked hard line will come into play.

20171015_113634.jpg

Once you have them hooked up and tightened, your set. Now you can go back over your hoses and tidy them up while ensuring your hose are routed properly and not binding or rubbing anything. Now is the time to also tighten up your quick connect you just mounted.

20171015_113638.jpg

Next is the wiring. You will have enough wire to go just about any place you want. They were pretty generous with the wire. Not too pleased with the cheap fuse holder. I think in due time this will be a failing point in wet weather with corrosion so I made it easy to get to. I had already ran power from my battery back to under my seat so getting power was not problem and was easy to get to. I suggest you set on the tractor with the switch in hand and place the switch in different areas of the handle until you find comfortable spot. Then mount it there. Here is my setup.

20171015_125257.jpg

Now tidy things up route your wire to the connector and you should be ready to go. Now I just have to make my mind up on which grapple I want. I will use this for the grapple and for my plowing this winter. I will say this, the documentation is spot on, all items are clearly marked and match the documentation. It took someone a lot of time to get this kit right. My thanks goes out to Chris and the Artillian group.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the CTA grapple and I am very happy with it. :good2::good2:
After some much consideration and reviewing every video I could find on YouTube I am going to settle for the CTA grapple. Both have their pro's and Con's. But for my usage I think the CTA will fit best for my usage. I will be placing the order this evening. Thanks to everyone that has given me some advise.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Just talked with Jeff King this afternoon looking for a plow for my new 2038. I am sure you will be happy with it. Mention my name when you call. :good2::good2:

The carrier it comes on I just put casters under it and store it back on it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
CTA Grapple update

My CTA Grapple finally arrived at the depot yesterday. Shipping from CTA was rather quick, like the next day. The shipping company on the other hand was a bit slow, though they were much cheaper than most, Jeff at CTA was good to deal with and gave me several options to ship. I was in no hurry anyhow just anxious to get it and play with it. So I will be picking it up this evening. If I get some free time, what's that, I will attach and give everyone an update and pictures for review.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts