Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
17,946 Posts
[QUOTEs=Kennyd;3340230]You need to be VERY careful backdragging with the bucket turned down like that, especially with the extra leverage of the rake on there. Many cylinder was bent or broken that way!!! I think there is even a warning in the manual about it?
Thanks for the reminder, Ken. Although I had the loader in ‘float’ position while doing this, and was watching carefully, you are right, things like that can happen ... :banghead:
Guess I wasn’t showing a very good example there ...:hide:

G[/QUOTE]

There is no float on the curl cylinders, and that’s what will bend or break if the edge of the tines grab something, don’t assume they will “skip” over an unmovable object.

Otherwise, nice job on the build :lolol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
In conclusion …
My main reason for building the debris forks was to load split fire wood into a trailer, rather than picking up each piece and tossing them in like we had been doing ...
It's why I spaced the forks only 5-1/2" apart, so the wood chunks wouldn't fall through.
At this time I don't have any wood cut and split to "test" the forks on, but I can't see any reason it won't work … :unknown:
Gotta say, I'm glad I made the forks, they've proven handy already just moving sod … :good2:

G

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice job on the forks. You should weld a short bushing onto the bucket where your bolts are located so that you can pin them instead for quicker disconnect when you want just the bucket

21 - 24 of 24 Posts