Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I have a 2020 2032R with a 60D " "7 iron" mower deck. After some discussion with my local dealer I determined that Deere currently does not offer a LOAD N GO option for this tractor/mower combo. After reading some other posts and chatting with a few other folks on this forum I decided to roll my own. Only attempt this if your fairly mechanically inclined. Total project materials cost is under $130.

I took my time and it took me about 8 hours. I was super careful and made my measurements multiple times as I went along. I did not want this to look like a DIY hack job. The finished product bolts onto the mower deck. I only drilled and tapped 3 holes in the existing mower deck drive over plates. This can easily be removed and you would hardly know it was ever there. You want it to be very clean and professional looking .

I found my center to center measurements for JDQA hooks and pins by measuring my bucket and my Artillian fork frame My dimensions are noted in my photos. Getting these brackets parallel and at proper center to center is critical! Once I got my center to center I used a spinning laser level to align the bottom of the plates to be sure they are aligned in the Y plane.

Before I drilled anything I made several test fits to check the full operation of the deck installed on the machine to be certain that no part of this mod would interfere with machine operation. I used a sharpie marker to mark the proposed location of the plates as I went along. My picture show the final outcome of the job.

I started with a set of JDQA plates from Skidsteerattachmentdepot.com for $119 shipped. These come painted. Artillian also makes a similar set that come unpainted and cost more. Either should work just fine.

Tools I used: Angle grinder, Drill press, Drills / Taps, spinning laser level ( to align bottom of brackets) measuring tape, caliper, transfer punches, center punches deburring tools. I am generally well set up for most metal working jobs.
I used a 1-1/8 in bi-metal hole saw to cut the grease fitting access holes.
I used grade 8 3/8-16 bolts from Tractor Supply. (I determined the shear strength of these bolts from engineering tables and this bolt is plenty strong)

I aligned the left bracket with the wheel guide as my starting point. (pictured) I removed the wheel guide bracket as it interferes with the loader. I put a piece of electrical tape on the
deck to give me visual guide for tire alignment driving over. I have had no trouble connecting / disconnection without the tire guide bracket once I put the tape down for a visual guide. Ill post some more picture as I get time.

So, I hope this help other 2032R owners.

Product Machine Electronics Technology Vehicle
Electronics Product Machine Technology Electronic device
Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery
Vehicle Mower Tractor Lawn mower Riding mower
Vehicle Mower Tractor Lawn mower Riding mower
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Tractor
Tractor Agricultural machinery Vehicle Green Harvester
Machine Tool Machine tool Vehicle
Machine Tool Machine tool Moulder Toolroom

·
Super Moderator
4,113 Posts
Nicely done Bacardi 👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nicely done Bacardi 👍
Hi! I have a 2020 2032R with a 60D " "7 iron" mower deck. After some discussion with my local dealer I determined that Deere currently does not offer a LOAD N GO option for this tractor/mower combo. After reading some other posts and chatting with a few other folks on this forum I decided to roll my own. Only attempt this if your fairly mechanically inclined. Total project materials cost is under $130.

I took my time and it took me about 8 hours. I was super careful and made my measurements multiple times as I went along. I did not want this to look like a DIY hack job. The finished product bolts onto the mower deck. I only drilled and tapped 3 holes in the existing mower deck drive over plates. This can easily be removed and you would hardly know it was ever there. You want it to be very clean and professional looking .

I found my center to center measurements for JDQA hooks and pins by measuring my bucket and my Artillian fork frame My dimensions are noted in my photos. Getting these brackets parallel and at proper center to center is critical! Once I got my center to center I used a spinning laser level to align the bottom of the plates to be sure they are aligned in the Y plane.

Before I drilled anything I made several test fits to check the full operation of the deck installed on the machine to be certain that no part of this mod would interfere with machine operation. I used a sharpie marker to mark the proposed location of the plates as I went along. My picture show the final outcome of the job.

I started with a set of JDQA plates from Skidsteerattachmentdepot.com for $119 shipped. These come painted. Artillian also makes a similar set that come unpainted and cost more. Either should work just fine.

Tools I used: Angle grinder, Drill press, Drills / Taps, spinning laser level ( to align bottom of brackets) measuring tape, caliper, transfer punches, center punches deburring tools. I am generally well set up for most metal working jobs.
I used grade 8 3/8-16 bolts from Tractor Supply. (I determined the shear strength of these bolts from engineering tables and this bolt is plenty strong)

I aligned the left bracket with the wheel guide as my starting point. (pictured) I removed the wheel guide bracket as it interferes with the loader. I put a piece of electrical tape on the
deck to give me visual guide for tire alignment driving over. I have had no trouble connecting / disconnection without the tire guide bracket once I put the tape down for a visual guide. Ill post some more picture as I get time.

So, I hope this help other 2032R owners.

View attachment 738798 View attachment 738799 View attachment 738800 View attachment 738801 View attachment 738801 View attachment 738802 View attachment 738804 View attachment 738809 View attachment 738810
Nice Job. After you have used it for some does it still work nicely? Any issues come up including using the driver over quick-connect. I want to buy a 2038r with 60d but need load-n-go. My only solution is to follow the same path you have taken.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Job. After you have used it for some does it still work nicely? Any issues come up including using the driver over quick-connect. I want to buy a 2038r with 60d but need load-n-go. My only solution is to follow the same path you have taken.
Hi!...
This works great. I have had it on and off about 8 times since I wrote this article. It makes cleaning the deck really simple. I don't know how Deere expects customers to move this deck without this. There are no factory supplied handling hooks. Once you drop the deck from the machine its a 2 man lift to get in back onto its roller wheels.
Since I wrote this, I adjusted the position of my "guide tape" in lieu of the tire guide. I run the inside edge of the left tire by eye up the tape and it lines up perfectly.
Yeah.... I have no regrets doing this. Deere should offer this as an option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
8/25/2020
Hi, Just a quick update.
I have been using this now for 3 Months. The Deck has been on and off the tractor dozen of times. I use this feature each time to wash, move and store the deck. This works perfect. I couldn't live without it. If your on the fence about doing this..... I have no regrets.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Hi I have a 2019 2032r and 60d deck I have been waiting for the load n go I gave up on it then I saw your post so I ordered the plates from skid steer attachment depot on 8/31/20 and got them 9/2/20 and bolted them on 9/3 they work wonderful only took a few hours to drill and line up like you said couldn’t use the guide rail but was no problem I also used a torch for the grease fitting acces hole and for one of the other plate holes

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Very well done. Also, I like them green better than yellow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the JDQA plates and have been working on getting everything installed and looking nice. We followed the steps as outlined are having trouble getting the posts to both fit at the same time. This issue does not impact whether I can hook up the deck to the tractor or pick up the deck and move it with just one "pinned" post. For purposes of the whole job looking professional, I wonder if anyone may have a suggestion for getting it to work better. The measurements of the plates all seem to be correct relative to each other and the FEL. My thought is that perhaps something should be subjected to a grinder or saw in the chance that the plates themselves are not 100% precise. However, I am not a professional machinist so I better try and get some thoughts before I go "grindin" and "cuttin." Thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.