Green Tractor Talk banner

Do Cat 1 3 point attachment normally come pins?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Hiwire 
#1 ·
Purchased a LR2072 Landscape Rake from the local dealer. It has the 2 pull pins for the lower links. It does not have any kind of pin that would hold the pull pins in the lower arms. Is this normal? Are all these the same size?

Thanks

#2 ·
They normally come with the pins as you have described. You have to buy the clip pins yourself. Standard procedure.

Dave

Reactions: DanSpence
#3 ·
Lets refer to the large pins connected to the implement as "draw pins" and the small clips that retain the arms on the draw pins as "lynch pins."

The implement should have the two lower draw pins installed. They usually do not come with the upper draw pin for the top link, which is not permanently installed like the lower pins are. The implement does not normally come with the lynch pins, but I am sure your dealer would give you the upper top link pin and a set of lynch pins unless they are a poor dealership.

The lower draw pins are indeed usually a different size compared to the top link pin. For Cat 1 the lower draw pins are 7/8" but for the top link you'll want to use a 3/4" pin. I recommend you go to tractor supply and get some extras and keep them handy. I usually have an extra top link pin and some lynch pins in the tractor tool box.

#5 ·
Extra lynch pins

If you go to purchase extra lynch pins you should be aware they come with different spring tensions. Some are quite easy to flip the bail, some will snap your fingers pretty well if it slips. I would go with the hardest to flip that you can comfortably use. It's really not fun to have a lynch pin come loose and the more spring tension the better.

Treefarmer

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.