Green Tractor Talk banner

Do I have to remove rear wheels on x534 to add chains

1092 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  matt.jans
That's the core question, but let me explain further. Manual says to do it, but I looked at my machine and I can't figure out why I need to unless I can't get to them. I have smaller hands and there's more than enough room in there for a small ratchet. There are two bolts holding on a small washer type thing that dictates how far the wheels turn. Basically supposed to just remove it and flip it around.

First-time tractor owner, so I wanted to just run this past folks. I'm fairly mechanically capable, and I can't see anything that would require the wheels to be removed (e.g., pressure on those bolts from weight of tractor). But like I said, I'm a noob, so wanted to check.

Thanks!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
no , I have a 584 and installed this winter, so assume the same for you, do inside then outside latch and add shock cords or sprints to keep snug
That's the core question, but let me explain further. Manual says to do it, but I looked at my machine and I can't figure out why I need to unless I can't get to them. I have smaller hands and there's more than enough room in there for a small ratchet. There are two bolts holding on a small washer type thing that dictates how far the wheels turn. Basically supposed to just remove it and flip it around.

First-time tractor owner, so I wanted to just run this past folks. I'm fairly mechanically capable, and I can't see anything that would require the wheels to be removed (e.g., pressure on those bolts from weight of tractor). But like I said, I'm a noob, so wanted to check.

Thanks!
Reactions: matt.jans
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.