Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
21,027 Posts
Guessing you are mowing at 3200rpm, and still finding mowing up a steep hill is putting a strain tractor. IMO yes go to L range. I'm always going from L to H . For me , going in H and down the hill behind the house is to quick. Sometimes , and depends on height of grass I can mow in H and other times in L. Yes may be a PIA to switch between, H and L , but rather do that and piece of mind not doing damage to my tractor or transmission. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ Just my 2 cents.

· Premium Member
21,027 Posts
Oh one thing, tractor being NEW. and if you haven't done this.

First thing before starting your tractor , remember to check Hydro fluid and engine oil level.

· Premium Member
21,027 Posts
THANK YOU! Didn't occur to me to re-check the Hydro fluid after adding my loader (it came on a pallet and I installed it myself). Filling the lines and cylinders apparently drained out enough Hydro fluid to where the dipstick was completely dry when I checked it this morning. Engine oil level is fine and about 1/2" below the full mark.

I have a 5 gallon bucket of regular Hy-Gard that I use on my big tractor. The dipstick on my 1025R says to use Low Viscosity Hy-Gard, so I guess I'll swing by the dealer today to pick some up. Might as well get a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff so that I'm ready for the 50 hour service.
(y) (y)

· Premium Member
21,027 Posts
There are NO brakes on the front of a tractor.

Reactions: SulleyBear

· Premium Member
21,027 Posts
I don't use my brake. Y'all must have some really steep hills. I just back off the go pedal and it stops.
Same here,,

Correct, but in 4WD applying the rear brake also allows the front axle to be braked as well.
I agree to a point, you are not applying brakes to the front axle ( since there are NO brakes on the front axle).
4wd is what is slowing you down .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.