Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a low hour 6210 2wd cab tractor. When driving straight cutting hay you have to constantly turn steering wheel CCW. The steering wheel will make a complete 360 degrees turn in about 30 seconds. I am pretty sure this is not right is it? I was told it was either the steering motor or the hydraulic cylinders leaking internaly. It has 2 steering cylinders that controls front steering. How do i tell for sure which one of the three is leaking inside? Is the steering hand pump hard to remove on the 6210?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I think steering problem would have to be in control valve. If steering cylinders were the problem they would be leaking externally because they have no piston seals to fail. I have no experience/knowledge with your tractors type steering valve.

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts
Does the steering wheel turn continuously without a "stop"? If so, it sounds like the steering valve is leaking internally.
Since you say "low hours" maybe there is contamination in the steering valve, rather than worn parts.
Like Jim said, you should see leakage if it were the steering cylinders. You could cap the lines to them and see if the steering wheel still turns continuously. Obliviously do not try and drive the tractor with the steering cylinder lines capped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts