Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I finally got the blade to drop on the HF quick hitch.

I had to bend one of the brackets on the blade (1/4") and replace one of the 1/2" bolts with a 3/8" bolt on the top link hook.

It looks perfect, but, there is enough clearance to use the CAT 1 to 2 spacers.

Is the HF quick hitch supposed to use the bushings?? :dunno:

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use sleeves from TSC. Cat1-2 and a Cat 2-3. Works great on the lift arms but the Cat2-3 is just a hair too big on the top link. I could probably grind down but haven't. Guessing it is the price to pay for the VERY low cost HF unit.

If you go this route, be sure and get the ones marked for the location. They are different sizes top and bottom.

And the do make a difference, especially with any fine blade work.

·
Banned
419 Posts
Bushings

If I remember right the top bushing is 1.25 OD I used a 3/4 bolt or pin and a 3.4 to 1 bushing then a 1 tp 1.1/4 over that one. The lower is where they get you. The actual size is 1.44 for the right fit. Nothing convention that I found. no pipe or bushings that I found will fit correctly. Other than the JD bushing or the bushings at Harbor freight or Tractor stores.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sooooo,,,, this is what I need?? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts

Yes, for the bottom hooks. You still need a Cat1-Cat2 and Cat2-Cat3 bushing for the top hook.

Reactions: Levi

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,133 Posts
Although commonly used for other attachments, I'm not sure those will work with your blade. The shoulder on those will be the problem.
Can you post up a picture of the two lower attachment points on the blade.

Reactions: CADplans

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Although commonly used for other attachments, I'm not sure those will work with your blade. The shoulder on those will be the problem.

This may be easier to do as a DIY,,, I have plenty of 1.50" steel bar,,,Hmmmmm,,,

The side to side motion is no issue with this blade, because of the blade design, so I do not need the shoulder on the adapter.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Oops... he is right. For the mount on your blade the straight bushings would work best.

Here is a photo that shows both types of lower bushings.

bushings.jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,133 Posts

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
You can also use regular bushings like this - which may work better with your application -

You need 2 each for the bottom pins and one for the top pin. I have a set out in the barn which hopefully still have the part numbers on them (Tractor Supply). I'll post back later with the exact bushings required.

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
I found the part numbers for the bushings. I just tried to look them up on the Tractor Supply website but get no results. I'm sure they must still have them in the store.

Cat 3-2 bushing #0267945
Cat 2-1 bushing #0268446

For some reason I recall that the cat 3 bushing isn't actually cat 3 but fits the iMatch lower hooks perfectly. Also have to be sure that the smaller bushing slides into the larger bushing (which these do).

Another option if you are friendly with your Deere dealer - the new iMatch hitches come with a similar one piece bushing which is basically a cat 3 - cat 1 bushing.

I'm pretty sure that the cat 3-2 bushing I listed above works with the top link also.

Edit to add: did a google seach of those numbers and came up with this:

CountyLine Category 3 to 2 Lift Arm Bushing - For Life Out Here

CountyLine Category 2 to 1 Lift Arm Bushing - For Life Out Here

Also found the plain iMatch bushings here:

http://www.muttonpower.com/p-9976-john-deere-imatch-quick-hitch-bushings.aspx

·
Super Moderator
5,294 Posts
I found the part numbers for the bushings. I just tried to look them up on the Tractor Supply website but get no results. I'm sure they must still have them in the store.

Cat 3-2 bushing #0267945
Cat 2-1 bushing #0268446

For some reason I recall that the cat 3 bushing isn't actually cat 3 but fits the iMatch lower hooks perfectly. Also have to be sure that the smaller bushing slides into the larger bushing (which these do).

Another option if you are friendly with your Deere dealer - the new iMatch hitches come with a similar one piece bushing which is basically a cat 3 - cat 1 bushing.

I'm pretty sure that the cat 3-2 bushing I listed above works with the top link also.

Edit to add: did a google seach of those numbers and came up with this:

CountyLine Category 3 to 2 Lift Arm Bushing - For Life Out Here

CountyLine Category 2 to 1 Lift Arm Bushing - For Life Out Here

Also found the plain iMatch bushings here:

John Deere iMatch Quick-Hitch Bushings
The bushings the TSC carries are in 2 different sets. They carry 'Lift Arm Bushings" and "Toplink Bushings". They are different diameters and lengths.

So for one implement you typically need:

2 each Cat 1-2 Lift Arm bushings SKU #26845499
2 each Cat 2-3 Lift Arm bushing SKU #26793799
1 each Cat 1-2 Toplink bushing SKU #26844699 and
1 each Cat 2-3 Toplink bushing SKU #26794599

I just grabbed about 20 of each and threw them all in a bucket. There are there when I need them.

Reactions: Levi and CADplans
1 - 13 of 13 Posts