Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to verify if the 54" AutoConnect deck and 60" AutoConnect deck found on the x738 and similar use the same Powerflow or different? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Wouldn't a x738 take a 54HC and 60HC deck? The D decks are different.

Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
BigBlue
I guess I do not understand your post . The Decks are different in size as is the discharge openings .
The power Flow needs to fit the Deck discharge opening but yes I know it can be made to fit not easy to do .

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
BigBlue
I guess I do not understand your post . The Decks are different in size as is the discharge openings .
The power Flow needs to fit the Deck discharge opening but yes I know it can be made to fit not easy to do .
Ray listed specs for the 54D and 60D decks in order to show they take different powerflow units. But the x738 (at least ones of recent years) don't use those decks, or at least don't normally come with them. The x7-series uses the 54HC and 60HC at least as of 2016.

I don't know whether a 54HC takes the same powerflow as a 60HC. I presume it doesn't. But I wanted to point out the deck model differences just in case both HC decks happened to use the same unit.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Doesn't Matter If There D, HC or X decks The Discharge Opening Are Different Between Them a 54 & 60 Inch Decks That is why there Is a Need for different Power Flow Heads. Trust me if Deere didn't need to have Different Power flow Head for the Different deck sizes they wouldn't. I know some of the engineers at Deere would love to have 1 head for or the decks. They Looked at a adjustable Power flow Head and the Cost was deemed to expensive to warrant Production:bigthumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2016 X-758 with the 60 HC Deck . Last year I sold my Vac I had a bunch of interest from people with 54 HC Decks . Most if not all could not understand why the Power Flow would not fit . In the end I sold it to a guy with a 54 HC Deck his last word was I will make it fit take my money .

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Doesn't Matter If There D, HC or X decks The Discharge Opening Are Different Between Them a 54 & 60 Inch Decks That is why there Is a Need for different Power Flow Heads. Trust me if Deere didn't need to have Different Power flow Head for the Different deck sizes they wouldn't. I know some of the engineers at Deere would love to have 1 head for or the decks. They Looked at a adjustable Power flow Head and the Cost was deemed to expensive to warrant Production:bigthumb:
I certainly don't doubt that what you say is true about the decks. My point was simply to make sure we were talking about the right stuff just in case.

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts