Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine if the radial tires on the 1025R make it less bouncy, less side to side. Really would like to know if the tire make it that different from the ag tires.
My main reason for wanting to go to the 2025R is the ride, in the woods and on some small slopes.
Since the loader and BH are the same I figure creature comforts are the major items.
Not plowing or mowing so the cruise control is not important to me.

Would like input from anyone that has had both tractors with the radial tires.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Larger tires and wider footprint are probably the only thing that will give you a noticeable difference side to side. The radials will give you a noticeable difference on hard flat ground. They'll actually feel round...
When I had my 1025 and it sat for a while on the R4's, they felt square. No matter how long my radials on my 2032 sit they feel smooth going down the drive or flat hard ground.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big,
Thanks, that is just the type of information I was looking for.
So stepping up to a 2025r and radial tires is a two-fer. Better rocking reduction on rough ground (in the woods) and smoother ride getting to the woods.:)

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
177 Posts
The ride difference when going from a 1025R to a 2025R will come from the 6" increase in wheelbase.

Larger diameters improve ride, increased width less so.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to know, RSA.
some wheel spacers and it should be a Cadillac ride! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts