Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't seem right? One of them is a fraction of inch from the drain plug. Looks like it's vibrated against it in the past.

What are they for?

IMG_20181026_200417_1540599466695.jpg

IMG_20181026_195809_1540599489223.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,755 Posts
Yes, it looks like the line nearest the drain plug is bent slightly. The holding clamp has slipped off of the line on the left. If the right line is pushed over so that the left line is back in the clamp it will have better clearance on the drain plug.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that line supposed to be under the oil pan at all?

·
Premium Member
12,755 Posts
Is that line supposed to be under the oil pan at all?
My guess is it is supposed to run along side of it but hopefully someone with a 1026R can confirm it.

I found this image in the on-line Operator's Manual, it appears to show both of those lines running along side the oil pan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I was under there yesterday changing the oil and it's very close to the drain plug, but on mine, the line nearly over the drain plug is rubber and the steel lines are down the left side (drivers side) of the oil pan. Here are some pictures.

By the way, my wife just walked into the garage and she said "As sore as you back has been, why are you on the cement floor under your tractor and NOT WEARING WORK CLOTHES....? SO, I got in trouble for these photos....

The things we do for other GTT members.......:lol:

Looking forward to winter as it really cleans the underside of the engine with all the snow, it gets rid of any dust and dirt.:good2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
This doesn't seem right? One of them is a fraction of inch from the drain plug. Looks like it's vibrated against it in the past.

What are they for?

View attachment 654386

View attachment 654388
Those lines seem quite "disorganized" compared to how the lines are intended to be routed. It seems as if they should be more parallel to one another and yours don't seem to be, plus the one line is very far from where it would have to be to be parallel with the other lines down the side of the oil pan and where the brackets mount. The best bet would be to look up the lines in the parts catalog and see if the lines or brackets are different.

Just curious, whats the history of your tractor? I wonder why there is so much rust on the flywheel and on the driveshaft, etc. It even looks like the rubber line has rust on it. Just wondering if you have any idea why?

Also, it looks like you are missing a protective boot around the base of your front drive shaft. Maybe the 1026r didn't use the boot around the base of the shaft where it connects to the front axle, but my tractor certainly has one, which is a large round piece of rubber hose which is held on with a large worm style clamp (like a hose clamp you can tighten)

And NO, I am not going back out to take photos of the drive shaft boot......:laugh::lol:

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
According to the parts manual, the 1026r does use a front drive shaft boot.

Boot - LVU20304

Clamp - TY 22472

Wonder why someone would have removed that shield?

It protects the U Joint and keeps debris out of it. It is open on the back side and could let moisture and dirt in, but it shields the shaft well past the Universal joint........

·
Registered
191 Posts
Power steering and hydro cooler

Two are for your power steering and I think the other two go to the hydraulic oil cooler near the radiator? I also have a 1026r. Previous owner cleared a wood lot with the tractor and my lines are all messed up as well. Guy must have hit stumps and such. He wore through a power steering flexible line. Even after the dealer replaced the line it was still rubbing. I had to fiddlefart around with it for a long while to keep all the lines from rubbing. These 3 cylinder yanmars sure do shake a lot. Anything touching will wear through fairly quickly id imangine.

My fly wheel is just as rusty. I don't think it was painted or coated at all from the factory. Just bare steel. Really doesnt do anything. The teeth get cleaned everytime the starter is engaged.

Anyway to OP try your best at keeping those lines apart as best you can. Try small tweaks here and there in the hard lines. Try not to bend tem too much at once. Good luck and post your progress.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
According to the 1026r parts manual, there are different oil cooler lines based upon the serial number of the tractor. In the parts illustration for tractors up to serial number 510500, the one line appears to be bent in a way which would make it difficult to run parallel to the other oil line. Here is the illustration of the line in the parts system........

John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My thanks to Mrs Bear for allowing you take these photos :)

I don't know much history. I bought it used, so I am expecting to find a few things here and there that I need to fix. The rubber boot on the MFWD shaft is cut off. The base of it with a hose clamp is there. I suspect someone was too lazy to unscrew it for greasing. I noticed that yesterday while I was greasing it for the first time since I bought it.

I'm guessing they changed from steel to rubber lines at some point after 2013?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also, some of what you're seeing that looks like rust is just dirt. Before this service, I was moving about 8 yards of dirt from a berm.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
My thanks to Mrs Bear for allowing you take these photos :)

I don't know much history. I bought it used, so I am expecting to find a few things here and there that I need to fix. The rubber boot on the MFWD shaft is cut off. The base of it with a hose clamp is there. I suspect someone was too lazy to unscrew it for greasing. I noticed that yesterday while I was greasing it for the first time since I bought it.

I'm guessing they changed from steel to rubber lines at some point after 2013?
After I posted about the missing boot and looking at the photo, I thought I could see the clamp and just a little bit of it..........

The first time I saw some of the "Southern Red Dirt" when we were racing down south, It was surprising how colorful it was. We have "dirt dirt". Some brown some black some brown black and of course, we are famous for our "sand". Until it was shut down a few years ago, this area was a major supplier of specialty sand for foundry castings.

Ironically, some of the sand for the castings came from the one Nuclear plant site. Since the plant is on the lake for its cooling water, it is surrounded by dunes and now, lots of "secure area" post 911. We used to ride Jeep's up in the nuclear property sand bowls back in the late 70's and early 80's. WE also used to go shooting back there with the security agents from the plant...........Not anymore........

Just curious, How many hours are on your tractor?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was 230ish when I bought it in September. It's 270 today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts